Magic Mixies (kid's toy youtube reviews)

I don’t normally watch youtubes on kid’s toys or kid’s toy reviews, but this one caught my attention. Several youtubers are doing reviews on this. This toy looks so fun and magical and funny.

Looking at the videos, you put a number of packets of stuff into a plastic pot, They all start to “brew” and a bunch of smoke appears. Then a stuffed animal appears at the bottom of the pot, like magic. The stuffed animal talks and makes a bunch of noises and is supposed to grant wishes.

I’ve never seen this toy before. It looks fun but quite expensive. This guy makes me laugh every time. I’ve watched him do it twice now. The review goes on for about 6 min 45 sec.

This is a more thorough review but not as funny.

Want a Magic Mixie yet?

1 Like

That is incredible but also expensive if it can o nly be used the once!

2 Likes

I’m thinking it can only be used once. It looked like the stuffed animal was strapped to the bottom of the tray at the bottom of the cauldron and flipped over when the “magic potion” was done. I think that part can only be done once because you can only get one stuffed animal.

In the second video, she plays with the stuffed animal for a while. It does a green light if your wish is granted and a red light if it isn’t. I wonder if a kid (or an adult) would play with that for a while, asking questions to the animal. It babbles quite a bit too, so that might be fun for a party or something.

Maybe if people wait until the hype dies down a bit, the price will come down. Amazon had one for $55, still more than I would pay, but I’m not the target audience.

Well, funnily enough, my friends grand-daughter had one of these for her birthday

It basically works by the toy being strapped to under a platform inside the pot. Once you’ve done all the mixing up of the liquid, the smoke machine hides that the platform flips over, emptying the liquid into the bottom of the pot and revealing your (dry) toy

Sorry if that spoils the magic! 🪄🦄🧚‍♀️

So there’s only one toy and one set of ingredients, so in that way you can only use it once, expensive and a bit disappointing ……

But granny to the rescue!

The pot and the sound effects still work, and instead of the toy you can attach the plastic box the potions come in under the platform, with surprises, sweets, messages, small gifts in it :+1:

And good old granny made up little pots of magic ingredients with bicarbonate of soda, bits of bath bomb, confetti, scent, glitter etc!

You can refill the smoke mix with distilled water and glycerine

So she puts something in the box under the platform, gives them a “spell” with the ingredients to add, they do the spell and the tapping, the smoke comes on, the platform turns, and their surprise pops up in the box!

Her children have more fun with her “granny” spells than they did with the original toy!

1 Like

Was it fun though? Was the stuffed animal fun, or was the whole thing about the cauldron?

1 Like

Was she disappointed that it could only be used once - or did she find another use for the cauldron? It still seems over expensive to me.

2 Likes

The toy was fun, it’s interactive but it’s like all those toys, only a novelty for a while

Really, the pot is the best bit because it does make good noises and the smoke is fun

2 Likes

Wow, so creative! I love that. :green_heart:

That’s a fun granny!

2 Likes

I just looked to see how much here.

About £69, it’s expensive

But on eBay you can buy just the pot and wand, with no toy or ingredients for £22

1 Like