Love Birds as much as I do?

Australia has some spectacular Birds. Incredibly Bright Plumage setting them apart from the “Ordinary”
Now we have, wait for it…A “Yellow Feathered Red Tailed Black Cockatoo” say it again.
“Yellow Feathered Red Tailed Black Cockatoo”
Western Australia’s bird watching community is abuzz with joy following a sighting of a rare yellow-feathered red-tailed black cockatoo spotted frolicking in a tree outside a regional police station in Bunbury. 100 miles south of Perth.

The bird’s plumage is thought to be the result of a genetic mutation opposite of albinism called leucism, which has left the bird with brilliant yellow feathers in place of should have been red or black ones.
This is only the fourth one ever recorded.

This is what Red Tailed Black Cockatoos look like.(My Pic)

2 Likes

We had an albino miner bird in the garden for a long and it wasn’t picked on by the others which was a pleasant surprise

1 Like

The trouble with parrots and the like is that, while they look good, they sound awful, they just screech. Give me a Magpie, Pee Wee or a Kookaburra any day.

(…and that is without mentioning what Galahs and Sulphurs do to my VHF aerial)

1 Like

Personally, I love the sounds made by the Black Cockatoos.
Sure a couple of hundred Corellas can be extremely noisy, especially at sunrise. :grinning:

1 Like

I tend to despise Magpies, after many altercations, myself, my wife & so many others’ seriously dangerous personal encounters I became aware of just how bad they csn be. I could spend ages here now relating what I’ve seen. My own wife had spectacles knocked from her head in one attack alone. SO many others have either suffered very serious damage to their eyes and many have lost their eyesight completely. I had one older woman run in absolute terror from the footpath to the roadway where she fell SCREAMING firectly in front of an oncoming car who barely managed to avoid running her over completely. I could go on for hours re other incidents. One petrol station after an attack on myself told me they had named that Magpie “SATAN” and they had decided that very soon Satan’s reign of terror was to be ended “unofficially”. Magpies? :confounded::angry::no_entry_sign::no_entry:

1 Like

Yes especially the young ones they make a real racket.We have pine trees and they visit every year.You have look out for falling discarded cones though.

1 Like

I love the birds of Australia when I go I like to draw them .