Lost Pets - Clever

These microchip scanning stations are being set up around the southeastern US to help reunite lost pets with their owners after the recent hurricanes. I had not seen this setup before, but I think it’s a great resource for the public especially when vet offices are closed or far away. There is a wand at the bottom and instructions on how to scan found pets for owner information:

2 Likes

I hope they all find their way back to their owners , it would be a traumatic experience for the dogs and owners .

1 Like

wonder if you could do this for lost wives

That’s very thoughtful.Pets are family too :grinning:

:rofl:

We certainly have more reason to bolt :grin:.

Very kind, Eliza :blush:.

This is keeping me up at night. I’ve been working with a shelter where some pets will be transferred for safe care until owners can come forward, and we are working on finding foster homes until people who have lost their homes can get back on their feet.

When the hurricane happened , my first thought was the animals , was there any live stock at risk in fields? or did it miss these areas .
I would be first to re home a dog or foster one , Ive had 2 rescues the one I have now is 13 and came from a rescue centre , where the policy was no dog was put down …
Keep up the good work the owners will thank you …

You and I are of the same heart and mind, Eliza :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. The state governments learned in the last decade that the number one people refuse to evacuate impending danger, so the governors now require all hotels state-wide to accept animals, suspending surcharges, and the many shelters around the states involved also take them.

Most Floridian owners have plans for livestock, but this was not the case up in North Carolina and Tennessee. National organizations swooped in, and the national guard and helicopter volunteers have been doing hay and feed drops for animals that may be cut off due to road outages.

It’s a massive undertaking, but the number of volunteers has been outstanding. This is a fun video of a woman returning to her barnyard animals for the first time after the hurricane: TikTok - Make Your Day

1 Like