Losing Our Religion

I think those that were brought up as CofE haven’t necessarily lost their religion, it’s more a case of…Science overwhelming old beliefs.
Blind people with science and you can sell them anything. Even if the science is bollocks.

More interesting facts from the latest census

• Almost 80 per cent of Australian residents live in eastern Australia in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and the Australian Capital Territory.
  • NSW continues to be the largest state with over 8 million people, with Victoria not far behind with 6.5 million people.
  • ACT had the fastest growth with a 14.4 per cent (57,102 people) increase since 2016.
  • 66.9 per cent of people counted were in Greater Capital Cities and 33.1 per cent were in the rest of Australia.
  • Greater Sydney remains the largest city in Australia with 5.2 million people, followed by Melbourne with 4.9 million people and Brisbane with 2.5 million people.

• The median age of all Australians remains at 38 years in 2021. Males make up 49.3 per cent of the population with a median age of 37 years and females make up 50.7 per cent with a median age of 39 years.

Australian homes

• 70 per cent were separate houses, 13 per cent were townhouses and 16 per cent were apartments.
  • Two thirds of households (66.0 per cent) own their home outright or with a mortgage.
  • One third of households rent (30.6 per cent).

Languages

• Mandarin continues to be the most common language other than English with 685,274 people using Mandarin at home.

• This is followed by Arabic (367,159 people), Vietnamese (320,758 people), and Cantonese (295,281 people).

• Nepali featured in the top five languages used at home in both ACT (1.3 per cent) and Tasmania (1.3 per cent).

To add some context here are the previous populations of each Capital City

City Population
Sydney 5,361,466
Melbourne 5,096,298
Brisbane 2,582,007
Adelaide 1,378,413
Perth 2,141,834
Hobart 238,375
Darwin 146,982
Canberra 431,611

It doesn’t surprise me Melbourne has less.Thanks to the newish highway they are now within commuting distance and they all moved out here.More houses and fences,less trees. :rage:

I was baptised and confirmed into the CofE but all that went out of the window when my ex walked out on me. As the vicar said at our marriage, “What the Lord has joined together, let no man put asunder.” Well, one of my colleagues did, and she buggered off with him.

Same here dOOd… I suppose I live my life adhering to Christian values so religion hasn’t been totally wasted on me but have to admit I think most of it is hocus pocus :slight_smile:

What exactly are “Christian Values”? I’ve seen damn few self professing Christians who come even close to the teaching of Jesus.

2 Likes

Ten commandments and all that stuff… does a curtsy

That’s not specifically Christian though.

1 Like

Hi

We are choosing no Religion, it is our choice to do so.

Muslims are Muslim, they have more children than the No Religion Population, so why are we surprised about the UK becoming a Muslim Nation?

4 Likes

Most of the “Christian values” and “commandments” are just basic humanitarian values - you do not need to have ever been raised by “Christian values” or have even heard of the Bible or the Ten Commandments to be a kind and caring person.

Who needs a God to tell you it’s not right to murder, cheat, steal etc from your fellow creatures?

5 Likes

Indeed. It’s as plain as the nose on your face (not your nose specifically!).
It is an almost certainty that eventually the UK will become a majority muslim nation.
What a downfall of the great, and a self-inflicted one.

3 Likes

I believe there are references in the bible regarding the end times - " there will a turning away from the church and increased idolatries, famines and plagues etc " [paraphrasing] feels like it heh?

snitch!!

Blind people with religion too and you can sell them (or persuade them into) anything - even if the religion is bollocks, OGF

1 Like

And there it is - religious bollocks

1 Like

What’s wrong with blind people being religious? It may be bollox but why should sighted people have all the fun?

well they are supplied with braille bibles aren’t they?

:laughing: :laughing: