Looking forward to the 21st Century

As a kid, the Jetsons showed us what we had to look forward to.
Flying Cars, Space Travel, Moon Base, Elimination of Disease, Personal Assistance Robots, Teleportation, Conveyor Belt Sidewalks.
What do we have so far that the Jetsons Predicted? Flat Screen TV’s, Telecommunication via Skype/Phones etc, The Internet, Push Button Meals via vending machines/ordering online.
Most of us here will not be around when a Moon Base is operational nor Interstellar Space Travel. The younger among us may see flying cars become more common.
I wish I had been born in 2462 instead of 1962

I don’t know about the gadgets but the elimination of inequality would be a good thing.At the moment some are too fat because they eat too much while others are dying of starvation.

2 Likes

if you believe in an afterlife you’ll see it all anyway and may just wonder about it all and scratch ya head with puzzlement!!

1 Like

Not gonna happen by my reckoning. :pensive:
Dead is dead, no second chances. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Ah, but the way life is progressing, there might not be a year 2462, and that means there could be no future for you. We have to accept the life that we have and then make the best of it in all situations. Not to do so is doing yourself a huge injustice.
Just remember, there is always someone worse off than you for any given situation.
For me, ever day is a day of joy because I woke up with a mind that was still my own :+1:

2 Likes

A bit of a gamble Bretrick, the quality of life can go down as well as up…You might not get back what you put in…

2 Likes

Last time i checked my calendar this was the 21st century and we are almost 25% of the way through it.
But compare 1900 to 1930 to 2000 to 2030. No mayor WW’s, [yet] no real recessions similar to the 1929 crash. More countries having a say in how the world is run [India, China, South east Asia. Latin America and yes Africa]
Yes the Big 4 US, UK, France and the old USSR still maintain a veto at the UN, but more countries are now staring to challenge this position. [India with 20% of the global population and a growing Industrial sector does not have a veto?]

1 Like