Looking after someone's pet

My next door neighbour (Alwyn) has been looking after his Daughter’s Cat for about a month.
Everyday I would see the cat sitting by the door, all mournful, obviously wanting to be outside in the sun. I did keep saying to Alwyn, “Poor Puss wants to go outside”
“Can’t do that, it will run away”
5 days ago, Puss was sitting in Alwyn’s lap, Alwyn stood up suddenly, sending Puss flying. Puss went into a rage, grabbed hold of his calf muscle with his claws, sunk his teeth in, twisted his head and ripped a large chunk of muscle out, down to the bone. Totally bleed profusely all over his unit, bathroom. Collapsed, dragged himself to the phone, rang ambulance and spent 4 days in Hospital.

goodness me , if that was a dog it would be put to sleep . whats going to happen to it ?

The poor man , hope he makes a quick recovery

1 Like

The Daughter has taken to cat back. I suppose nothing will happen to the cat.
We never hear of cats being put down. I wonder if something like this is more prevalent than we hear.
Alwyn is a tough old fella. Well into his 70’s he is becoming frail etc. Two broken hip operations have not helped his cause.

I had a cat 50 yr ago and when i came back from work one day I was told by the owner of a shop I lived next door to , that my cat had attacked a dog by jumping on its back and digging its claws in and wouldnt let go . apparently the owner of the dog was hysterical.
It caused quite a scene … I never seemed to bond with Mr Tibbs and we took him back to the rescue centre from where we got him .
I never had another Cat , but went on to be the owner of 4 dogs over the years .

1 Like

We rarely hear about cats behaving very badly. I wonder why that is?

My wife and I owned a boarding kennels and cattery that could accommodate 119 dogs and 42cats. That was for well over 20years. So know a bit about looking after other people’s pets

1 Like

How big was that cat ?

Are you sure it was a domestic cat and not a Puma or Leopard.
Where is this bloodthirsty creature now ?

1 Like

:smiley: Yes, it is his daughter’s cat. Puss is back home with her now.

Cat’s are just very small lions, it’s only their size that saves them

And they can be very aggressive especially if they’re scared💕

Hope he’s alright now

1 Like

He is back home now. A little worse for wear but being the stoic that he is, he shrugs it off.

1 Like

It’s only their size that saves us :grinning:

2 Likes