Look who I met today!

Went to Selby Garden Centre today and just look who I met …

Merry
merry

Pippin
pippin

merry and pippin

Dasher

dasher2

Dancer

dancer (2)

dasher and dancer

7 Likes

Donkeyman! :grin:

1 Like

How lovely @SilverTabby. Donkeys are so special.

Aw, love ‘em!

1 Like

They are too cute! I love donkeys :smiley:

1 Like

You may be in trouble when he sees that!

1 Like

@pixie - the ones with the bumps on their heads are Reindeer!

2 Likes

Yes I know…but I don’t like them. One knocked me flying on a Santa Parade about 4 years ago, so I’ve been a bit love-hatey with Reindeer I’m afraid. :icon_frown:

Donkeys though…ohh they are the best!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Shhh … don’t tell him Tabby! :grin:

1 Like

That reminds me of the old joke

One night a Viking named Rudolph the Red was looking out the window when he said, “It’s going to rain.”
His wife asked, “How do you know?”
“Because Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear.”

6 Likes

Oh I love donkeys! There is just something about them - I don’t know what it is, a kind of gentle humility is the closest I can get. I remember once in Majorca we were taking a walk along some country roads and we came across a donkey in a field, walked right up to us to be petted. So I gave her a lot of love, whispered some sweet nothings in her ear, and then we went on our way. Bless her, she matched our pace, walking next to us on the other side of the fence, all the way to the other end of her field - quite a distance it was! I hated to keep on walking beyond that point :frowning_face:

Who here has read The Wonky Donkey to their grandchildren, or just to any children, or even to themselves for that matter? SO funny!

1 Like

I wish the garden centres near me had them … lovely critters aren’t they.

1 Like

Lovely pictures, Tabby.
I have loved donkeys since childhood, and support the donkey sanctuary.

Regarding the reindeer, hasnt there been talk/petitions this year to try and stop them being taken around garden centres? Not sure all about it as only caught part of the story on the news the other day.

1 Like

They are adorable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I hadn’t heard that, Mups. A lot of garden centres up here who used to have them, stopped a few years ago due to the cost of insuring them. They are lovely creatures.

Super photo’s, I love both.

My mother used to do Littlewoods every week just so she could open a donkey sanctuary.Needless to say…

1 Like