Look what I found today!

Was out to lunch with friends and found this in a car park. Telephoned the police when I came home, sent them a photo with details of where/time found. They say if it is not claimed within six weeks I may keep it. There is no hallmark/assay mark on it so either it is not real gold or it is of foreign origin. It is rather pretty though - is it wicked of me to hope it is not claimed?

ring

2 Likes

It looks like an old Roman ring.

1 Like

Nah

Is this it?

https://www.clogau.co.uk/i/ER/ER.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=Gold+Celtic+Clogau+Ring&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB769GB769&sxsrf=APq-WBvLRdiTzbrj6GW3pnp4VZrw6ZjkkQ:1645430940728&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiEo-X1q5D2AhUViFwKHTQuDksQ_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1094&bih=472&dpr=1.25

2 Likes

Mrs LD thought it looked like an old celtic pattern and maybe of Welsh origin. If it is, then it would most probably be gold of two different qualities for the contrast. She liked it so much, today she is going to trawl the S/H on-line market in the hope of finding one for herself👍

1 Like

I just came on to say it looks like an Irish ring but someone beat me to it. Pretty sure it is as I am part Irish and have seen rings like this belonging to relatives. Good find!

2 Likes

@d00d - Yes - that is it, d00d. So, it is real gold. Thank you.

I have a clogau ring with a Celtic design in fact it’s my wedding ring but I don’t wear it that much because soap kept getting caught in it .
They are beautiful designs and I love the colour of Welsh gold .

1 Like

9 and 18ct perhaps?

1 Like

The Welsh mined Clogau gold is a rose coloured gold and is often used with silver and/or yellow gold for contrast

1 Like

Mrs LD has found the outlet for that design and has ordered one in her size :ok_hand:

1 Like

Oooh LD, are you both going to re-take your wedding vows and invite us all to the ceremony? :laughing:

1 Like

No vows were made during our brief registry office marriage. If ever there was a low cost wedding, it was ours. Every penny saved was another penny towards the deposit for our first house :+1:

1 Like