Long lasting electronic device

That’s interesting…I didn’t know you could do it on a tablet at all. :thinking: I have done it on a laptop, but nothing smaller. And I doubt I’ll be trying either! :smiley:

All you need are. :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

My goodness…Amazon to the rescue once again! :joy: I could have done with this kit last year to fix my camera! Who would have thought such a toolkit existed!

Google. :smiley::smiley:
But it is a very usefull bit of kit for all sorts of fiddly jobs.

2 Likes

It has found its way into my basket, thanks for that! :+1:

2 Likes

I await your thread begging for help putting something back together agan. :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Cheeky beggar! :joy: I’ll have you know I’m a great fixer upper…the key is to take photos as you dismantle, and also lay things out in the order you remove them. See! We ladies aren’t just shiny fingernails and fluttering eyelashes y’know :smiley:

Speaking from personal experience my late good Lady decided to change the plug on the deep fat fryer but wiring the live to the earth pin and guess who was the first to use it afterwards?

As for fluttering eyelashes and painted nails these attibutes have never consumed me as I have more baser tastes. :smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Gosh, bet that put some sparkle in your dinner! :astonished:

1 Like

25 years? virtually brand new!

My Westinghouse 210 litre chest freezer is over 41 years old and still working

2 Likes

Good brand though Westinghouse, my hair tryer I have just found out is made by Treseme not renown as far as I know for electrical goods. :grinning:

I have lots of old valve radio equipment that I still use. Nothing too old though, old WD (War Department, or WW2) equipment being the oldest.

A Casio pocket calculator with clock, timer and alarm functions that is 43 years old.

1 Like

Actually I forgotten about that, I still have one I bought when I started with the Electricity Commission in 1979 so same age, still works (I just checked) but I wouldn’t use it from one decade to the next, my phone does that job now

1 Like

I’ve done a lot of power electronics some still going around 1990 but that’s industrial stuff.

My wife’s hairdryer must be at least 25yrs old and maybe older. It’s a Philips and the only occasional repair it needs is the flex where it enders the dryers handle. That tends to crack and then short across to blow the plugtop fuse. A swift rewire with a length of new flex and it’s good to go for another 8-10yrs. I know why the flex eventually fails and that’s down to the way my wife constantly waves the thing at her head while she is drying her hair. . the flex can only take so much​:wink::grin:

Our Bosch fridge/freezer is 24 years old and still going strong.

We’ve got a electric carving knife we got from the cigarette coupons we saved up for, heck it must be 35 years old and it’s still working like new. I can’t remember what make it is offhand but I think Moulinex or Russell Hobbs.

A few posts back I commented on industrial power electronics which was/is my field. Electronics that is. Computers are examples of electronic devices. Hair dryers and such are not usually.
Just my two pence worth.

Who cares, we know what it means.:smiley: