Local Fuel prices

Margaret, I bet if the price starts to come down, retailers still won’t reduce any of their prices accordingly, though!

I think you are probably right there Mups …

I think I have arranged my London trip for the wrong time! Put £25 worth in about a week ago, been using the car briefly, but then have an over 100 mile journey to London at the weekend. Will use the car maybe twice while away, but will have to top up for the drive home. Dreading it.

Will stop using the car once I am back home until prices stabilise.

Anyone running a modern diesel (2015 and up) also has the cost of AdBlue to their weekly running costs.
What is AdBlue, how much is it and why do diesel cars use it? (driving.co.uk)

In my opinion it’s got nothing to do with pollution, but all part of the drip drip drip of costly obstacles placed in the way of the average driver, using the environment as an excuse.
They want us off the road…end of!

1 Like

As soon as my driving abilities diminish to the point I recognise the fact, they’ll get their wish as I’ll switch to a decent battery powered disability scooter for the decrepit driver. I’ve been keeping up with scooter developments and now they have a fully enclosed type against all weathers. I’ll not be slow to buy one when the time comes.

1 Like

Me too. Be handy for trundling to the retail park (along the old tram line, off road), or into town.

1 Like

I rather like that, LD. Reminds me of a little golf buggy. :grinning:
Think I’d struggle to get my dog to the vets in it though? And where would you put your shopping?

1 Like

In my wife’s when she too has one :ok_hand::point_right::wink::+1::grin:
There is also a slightly longer model with a boot for shopping etc.