Local Fuel prices

Prices are about on par, Tesco I saw was 1-45, local fill up is 1-49 .

Diesel is $1.72 (86p) a litre at my local independent servo but it is the weekend so the highest prices of the weekly cycle.

They are talking of $2 a litre in a few weeks time,

To be honest I never look at the price. I always fill up at Tesco because I know they will be competitive and I get points on my loyalty card. A couple of pence a litre here and there doesn’t make much difference, and if you want to drive, you have got to have it.

1 Like

Our nearest Tesco do not have cashiers at the pump tills any longer, meaning faffing around with al that pay-at-the-pump malarkey. Sainsbury’s (oposite) on the other and have cashiers and a also they are consistently 1p less per litre than Tesco. The Nectar points ensure fuel loyalty and of course while paying for the fuel, many customers buy their papers etc at the same time. I always return with roses :rose::+1:

You are such a smoothy LongDriver but the roses were not necessary…I’ll still like you without the roses…
:wink:
We’ve still got cashiers at our Tesco pumps (one or two are quite attractive for the older pump user) and I always pay with cash…
:pound:

1 Like

Aww, Foxy :hugs::wink:
I have not filled up without taking a few roses home for my blondie since she retired. Would I go out of my way to buy a bunch? Probably not as the convenience of the filling station IS just that, convenient :ok_hand:

1 Like

Just heard on the lunchtime news that petrol is expected to reach £1.80 by the end of this month !!

It does seem to be increasing by leaps and bounds at the moment - I filled the car last Monday and it was £1.51 and then when I passed the same filling station on Friday it had risen to £1.59! So at that rate it will soon reach £1.80.

I had to pay £1.62 for petrol today, Margaret. :open_mouth:

it is hovering over $2 (£1) a litre here and there is real pressure on the Federal government to at least temporarily reduce the 44c excise

It’s hovering around that price here too Mups. Luckily I haven’t had to fill up again yet so am hoping the price might go down again before I do. It was on TV this evening that there is a possibility that the price will go down soon … I won’t hold my breath though!

Margaret, I bet if the price starts to come down, retailers still won’t reduce any of their prices accordingly, though!

I think you are probably right there Mups …

I think I have arranged my London trip for the wrong time! Put £25 worth in about a week ago, been using the car briefly, but then have an over 100 mile journey to London at the weekend. Will use the car maybe twice while away, but will have to top up for the drive home. Dreading it.

Will stop using the car once I am back home until prices stabilise.

Anyone running a modern diesel (2015 and up) also has the cost of AdBlue to their weekly running costs.
What is AdBlue, how much is it and why do diesel cars use it? (driving.co.uk)

In my opinion it’s got nothing to do with pollution, but all part of the drip drip drip of costly obstacles placed in the way of the average driver, using the environment as an excuse.
They want us off the road…end of!

1 Like

As soon as my driving abilities diminish to the point I recognise the fact, they’ll get their wish as I’ll switch to a decent battery powered disability scooter for the decrepit driver. I’ve been keeping up with scooter developments and now they have a fully enclosed type against all weathers. I’ll not be slow to buy one when the time comes.

1 Like

Me too. Be handy for trundling to the retail park (along the old tram line, off road), or into town.

1 Like

I rather like that, LD. Reminds me of a little golf buggy. :grinning:
Think I’d struggle to get my dog to the vets in it though? And where would you put your shopping?

1 Like

In my wife’s when she too has one :ok_hand::point_right::wink::+1::grin:
There is also a slightly longer model with a boot for shopping etc.