Liz Truss resigns as prime minister after Tory revolt

I reckon Liz Truss ought to put her name forward for the job. She couldn’t be any worse than the current pm has been. :grin::joy:

I hear Boris has booked his tickets to get back from the Caribbean :grin:

3 Likes

@caricature , “the purpose being”
I’m open to suggestions caricature ? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I vote for Larry the Cat, he will make a good PM.

1 Like

LOL this is hilarious :044:

It’s the trickle down, and out the door, effect.

2 Likes

Seems to me that Truss has some hold over Brady, it feels rather rushed unless of course Johnson comes back with out opposition, don’t rule it out.

They’ll have sorted out a deal/plan already, as it’ll have been obvious for days that then end was nigh. The replacement no doubt already knows who he/she is.

The people I feel sorry for are the so called red wall voters in the north of england who in 2019 switched allegiance to tory. What a dismal crowd they voted in. A serial liar in Johnson and now a shelved after one disastrous action dullard. These voters presumably thought they were voting for something positive and what they have got is something ruinous. They should feel properly conned. This debacle of a tory party risks making them unelectable for a decade.

2 Likes

I’m not sure, he looked rattled with no answers.

Oh. I didn’t see his face. Truss looked mightily relieved when she made her statement, with the world removed from her shoulders.

Reports saying the 22 committee meet at 4 to thrash out the rules, making it up as they go along it seems.

1 Like

Heaven forbid. Out of the frying pan into the fire comes to mind

1 Like

@caricature , Boris is on his way apparently !
On a matter of national emergency !! :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Oh well that’s alright then

1 Like

Like a coconut shy, see who next can be knocked down. Bring back Maggie Thatcher? at least she had backbone

1 Like

Has Nadine booked him and her into a travel lodge under the name Mr&Mrs Smith?

Conjuring up the dead now?..heh heh…good luck wi’ that.
:laughing:

@realspeed, " at least she had backbone"
That is true RS, but thats all she did have ?
She is the reason we have nothing left to sell any more ?
She sold it all to pay our debts long ago !
Now there’s nowt, we have to rob the poor to feed the rich ! :-1::-1::-1:

2 Likes

Thing is it shouldn’t be upto No. 10 to decide, it should be a General Election.

I wonder what other Countries think about our PM’s?