Liz Truss: Jamie Wallis asks PM to resign over 'basic errors'

Bridgend MP Jamie Wallis is the third Tory MP to publicly call on Ms Truss to resign.

Former minister Crispin Blunt was the first, telling Channel 4 “the game is up and it’s now a question as to how the succession is managed”. Then later on Sunday, Andrew Bridgen became the second, telling the Daily Telegraph: “We cannot carry on like this. Our country, its people and our party deserve better.”

In Mr Wallis’ letter to Ms Truss, he said she had “undermined Britain’s economic credibility and fractured our party irreparably”. He added: “Mistakes can be undone, and as one united team I believe we can achieve almost anything. However, while you are leader, I no longer believe this is possible.”

In the letter, shared on Twitter, Mr Wallis also accused the prime minister of choosing her supporters for key roles in the cabinet over the most experienced.

Wallis is, of course, a known "dodgy dealer"and disqualified town councillor who came out as transgender before being convicted of a minor driving offence (crossing a white line) and then a major one (failing to stop following a road traffic collision, failure to report a road traffic collision, careless driving and leaving a vehicle in a dangerous position). He took the opportunity, in his open letter, to criticize the tactics used by the Truss team during the leadership contest and said “Watching senior colleagues exploit the issue of transgender rights and weaponise it in order to score cheap political points was extremely unpleasant.”

Why Wallis is courting publicity is a mystery … :017:

Surprisingly, following the conviction for the major offence, the Conservative Party said it “will not be taking any further action”. Perhaps Wallis owes someone a favour … :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Or maybe the other way round and he knows where a body or two are buried?

1 Like

“You might very well think that. I couldn’t possibly comment.”

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like