Liz Truss accuses SNP Scottish Government of 'playing political games'

The Conservative leadership candidate claimed that people had been “let down”, as she took aim at the SNP’s governance at Holyrood.

Truss is set to travel to Scotland for the leadership hustings in Perth, hosted by STV News’ Colin Mackay. Ahead of her visit, the foreign secretary insisted that she will “deliver for the whole country” if she is elected as prime minister.

“Having grown up in Paisley before going to a comprehensive school in Leeds, I consider myself a child of the Union. When I say I will deliver for our country, I mean all of it,” she said. “My government would put the Union at the heart of everything it does and ensure that all corners of our country are rightly championed at the very top of government. For too long, people in parts of our United Kingdom have been let down by their devolved administrations playing political games instead of focusing on their priorities. If elected prime minister, I will deliver for our whole country. We are not four separate nations in an agreement of convenience, as some would have us believe. We are one great country which shares a history and institutions, but also family and friends, memories and values. I would ensure that our entire family continues to get the attention, support, and investment that it deserves.”

Truss playing to the gallery of the converted again. The rest of Scotland will, I assume, treat Ms Truss’ comments with the disdain they deserve … :roll_eyes:

1 Like

What? You mean pollies are being political? Wow, that’s a real surprise, who’d have thought it?

Hi

Ms Truss is lashing out at everyone about everything and nothing is her fault.

She is not going to have an easy ride if she gets to be PM, too many enemies.

1 Like

Her and her opposing chum are going to have an argument up here tomorrow apparently. Hope its televised and I hope the audience bring plenty of boo’s with them.

1 Like

I’m guessing that the audience will be “selected” … so no boo’s … :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Good point actually…I didn’t think of that. Given the comments she made about Nicola Sturgeon though, I imagine it will be a very small audience :smirk:

1 Like

Both herself and rishi are due in Perth on the 16th, that will be a fun evening. I would love to have been able to be there, I have several straight and hard questions I would like to put to them.

As Omah says Rox, only the tory faithful will be invited to ask any questions of both of the candidates…Independence voters will be persona non grata.

Aye, but you can bet they will be outside waiting… :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Hi

Can we please cut a deal on this, you get independence but you have to keep Ms Truss on your side of the border.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Fairynuff…once She’s locked up We will soon hear Her shouting ‘FREEDOM FOR SCOTLAND’
:rofl:

1 Like

Hi
You know May, I dream of getting the better of you one day.

Some hope.:sob:

1 Like

Think the middle word would surely be FROM

Dream on Kiddo…and may all Your dreams be pleasant :laughing:

1 Like

Same difference!

1 Like