Live - Mars Rover Landing on the 18th

The British motor industry Triumphs again

(Two puns for the price of one)

They also met an inhabitant called Bruno. :lol:

I hope to be watching it tonight. I have downloaded the Nasa Channel.

Currently watching the lead-up on NASA Live.

https://www.nasa.gov/nasalive

Thanks for the link LD, Iā€™m tuned in ready :smiley:

Exciting isnā€™t it :035:

yes, very. :-p

:mini::mini::mini::mini::mini::mini::mini:

first pics albeit a bit fuzzy. Hi Res to follow.

I watched it on Youtubeā€¦

Well, I caught the last few minutes of the landing but it was good to see the first pictures arrive.

I had the radio on while I was watching and the 7.30am reported that the life expectancy in the US citizens has decreased by one year, more if you are black. Thank you Mr Trump another record for you.

What about tourists?

Some YouTube footing of the touchdownā€¦

Scroll to 1.33.

It amazes me how they can get the lander to slow down so quickly and under control.

I canā€™t say that seems much of a problem they have been getting people safely back to Earth since the 1960s to a planet where there is a thick atmosphere and far more more gravity, in comparison landing an unmanned vehicle on Mars should be a piece of piss.

I like the way the Rover looks like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Maybe, but itā€™s still clever.

Itā€™s amazing, Judd! I eat this kind of science for breakfast :-D.

Oh yes, I quite agree. Brilliant stuff.

I hope they donā€™t bring anything dangerous back from that lifeless? planetā€¦Seeds and viruses can last for thousands of years just waiting for the chance to germinate once you provide them with Heat, Light and Moistureā€¦:shock:

Life on Mars, or evidence of it, what a discovery that will be.

Jezero Crater will give clues that life did or could exist.

Perseverance landed inside the crater and will collect samples that will eventually be returned to Earth for further analysis.

A second mission will fly to the planet and return the samples, perhaps by the later 2020s in partnership with the European Space Agency.

Doubt that will be a problem any of us.

I hope we havenā€™t taken any tardigrades there, like on the moon