Little girl screams no while held down to have ears pierced

As a doting father to four daughters, I scream along side you and with you!!

3 Likes

People can say what they like, on this subject I could give a flip. If you hurt or kill a child you have absolutely no place in society now or ever. I even volunteer to be the one to see you out. Won’t interrupt my sleep pattern.

Yes I’ll stand by you and scream as well. The mere thought of my darling 6 yr old granddaughter being put through this torture makes my blood run cold.
And don’t anyone tell me it’s not torture because there isn’t really much pain - it is absolutely mental torture, which is abundantly clear from that video.

2 Likes

There IS pain and there is a whole list of detractions I found:-
Female genital mutilation (who.int) Everyone should read this and then weep because its horrific.

2 Likes

Oh LD I completely agree, but I was really referring to the ear piercing thing. FGM is utterly horrific, and I simply cannot get my head around how something like this could ever have been dreamt up as being a good idea. What kind of sick mind would you have to have to even think of something like this?

Sorry, I shouldn’t really have replied to Danny’s post, which clearly mentioned FGM, referring to ear piercing. Obviously not following the thread properly!!!

2 Likes

Don’t worry Bathsheba! I believe that it is ok to smack a child gently to teach them right from wrong, but to inflict pain for cosmetic, religious or cultural reasons is wicked.

3 Likes

How awful, was barbaric , what is wrong with the parents

Why did I watch the video I knew I wouldn’t like it.
There should be an age of consent on piecing.

4 Likes

Most european countries pierce their baby girls ears not long after birth. My SIL is 66 and had hers pierced as a baby in Germany. I had neighbours from the Czech Republic and they had their baby daughter’s done too. My friend’s Mum was French and her and her sister were pierced as babies. I think in this country it is considered a bit “chavvy” but seen as the norm in the rest of Europe. I don’t like to see it though.

1 Like