Little girl screams no while held down to have ears pierced

Truly shocking footage of a very distressed little girl being forced to have her ears pierced. Police are investigating.

In my opinion, this is child abuse, pure and simple, and whoever was holding that poor little girl down (her mother and grandmother I believe) should be held to account for this, as well as the shop itself.

2 Likes

Absolutely disgusting behaviour and the police should do their duty.

2 Likes

Maybe time there was a 16 year old limit on things like this so people can choose for themselves if they want their ears peirced not the parents but thats shocking

2 Likes

That is awful, child abuse without a doubt. I canā€™t think why the staff member took part, what were they thinking?

I have a friend who used to work in Claireā€™s and she said youā€™d be surprised how many children end up with just one pierced ear!

They are happy and excited to have the first one done, then it hurts a bit and makes that noise and they refuse to have the second :scream:

2 Likes

I fully agree with you. My four daughters were not allowed to have their ears pierced until we were absolutely sure they knew exactly what was involved and they had passed their 14th birthday. Holding a child down for body piercing IS abuse!!

2 Likes

I totally agree with you on this Caveman. I canā€™t believe there are still people out there who donā€™t see that children have rights over their own bodies like this. If Iā€™d been there, I donā€™t honestly think Iā€™d have been able to stop at just videoing it, Iā€™d have had to at least go in and remonstrate with them all.

2 Likes

I have seen small babies in prams with pierced ears. Awful.

3 Likes

I agree, truly awful. I really do think itā€™s time we had legislation to protect children from their stupid parents.

3 Likes

I have always hated the idea of any type of piercing but it is up to the individual approve having it done. For this reason I think it should be illegal for any child to have piercing, until they are an adult !

3 Likes

Donā€™t some parents have their babyā€™s ears pierced for cultural reasons?

2 Likes

@Artangel ,. What about circumcision then ??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

What about it?

I donā€™t knowā€¦lā€™ve never needed to have it done myself!!! :laughing:

1 Like

If it was illegal they should have to return to their own country to get it done!

1 Like

Yes, and some parents perform FGM on their daughters for ā€˜cultural reasonsā€™, but there is legislation to prevent that in this country. It still goes on though, sadly.

4 Likes

An absolutely abominable illegal practice!!

4 Likes

Plenty of reason there, then, for it to become illegal while a child is under the age of consent.

4 Likes

Circumcision is done for health reasons & there are many situations where it is necessary. there is no medical reason for having ear piercing!

2 Likes

I suppose so, although a lot off children and teenagers love having their ears pierced and itā€™s not permanent like tattoos

I think itā€™s Hindus who ritually pierce their childrenā€™s ears when they are about 5 or 6? So that might be an issue. A bit like having a child circumcised for religious reasons.

1 Like

Not necessarily true. Being of Jewish extraction I was ā€˜seen-toā€™ by a Mohel during my first week of life 78 yrs ago. I far as I can ascertain, there was no medical reason, but these days I believe it is done under strict medically sterile condition and by a doctor. Itsā€™ still apparently rife in USA as way of keeping STDā€™s to a minimum :man_shrugging:

1 Like