Little Brags Thread

Did something that made you proud of yourself (or a family member or someone you know)? If so this thread’s just for you!

We’re all allowed to share our little achievements - that’s what friends do right!

So go ahead and brag away… and if you don’t like these types of threads, you can mute it from the options below :wink:

1 Like

I will kick of this thread as I want to brag about something :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I have a number of Carbon Steel pans and the seasoning was wrecked on one. I usually season them in the oven but was feeling lazy, and found the manufacturer’s guide which is much easier and quicker than the oven method! So I tried it and it was a success! :041:

For anyone interested, here is the video I followed:

1 Like

`I don’t like brag about much. Today I did the dogs and maybe I praised them a bit. Then I went to the store for the groceries for the neighbour a few doors up. I don’t consider that bragging.

4 Likes

That’s an act of real kindness.

2 Likes

I made a great battered chicken balls , sweet and sour last week, best I’ve made yet, practice makes perfect.

1 Like

I started stripping a ceiling…it is covered in lining paper and stuck down with what seems like chewing gum…it was a big deal for me as I’ve been putting off doing it but today I made a start…hooray!!

2 Likes

Years ago my Husband and I went in a German U-Boat Submarine and did 40 metres under water and landed at the bottom of the sea. The Air Pressure was terrible worse then a Plane.

2 Likes

Son won a cuddly toy in a grab machine yesterday, gave it to me, there was a little girl with her Dad, playing on one of the machines in the arcade so I walked over & asked him if the child could have it, he said yes, she grinned & took it, cuddled it & said ‘thank you’ to me. She was very cute.

3 Likes

Another act of lovely kindness, I love to hear these sort of stories,:heartpulse:

3 Likes

Kindness? I think it’s a duty too. The lady has problems with her legs so we do the leg work. Also, she has a wee dog so we stroll him and Max.

My dear wife is a jolly fine cook so she gives some some things for the lovely lady. Now that is bragging!

1 Like

That’s what I do with my cast iron frying pans, although the initial seasoning is completed in a very hot oven.

1 Like

36 Full Marathons…
63 Half Marathons…
9 Lyke Wake races (42 miles in 6 hours)
8 Bullock Smithy’s (56 miles in 10 hours)
1 Cleveland Way (110 miles in 30 hours) Raised £1000 for the Doncaster disabled society.
1 Double Lyke Wake ( 84 miles there and back in 32 hours)
2 Crosses races (53 miles visiting every cross on the North Yorkshire Moors in 13 hours)
Coast to Coast Cycle Ride (282 miles in three days)
Hundreds of miscellaneous fell and road races…and finally but not concluded yet…
A total of over 40,000 miles of running over 42 years…

6 Likes

Excellent Mr Fox! My cousin’s husband is closing in on his 100th. I hope he makes it to that milestone. He is now sixty six.

2 Likes

Quite an achievement Bob … well done! :clap: :running_man:

2 Likes

I have 331 profile views.
No idea if that is good or bad or even worth mentioning, but it was all I could come up with on short notice :grin:

where did you find that Lucy??

Click on your profile and in the Summary section, click Expand and there are stats listed

deleted ,out of respect for the thread holder.also off topic.

1 Like

Oh…thats what veiws are is it…I did’nt realise …Ta muchly :+1:

1 Like

I’m bragging because my son starts a new job soon, in Essex, he’s certainly going up the ladder…his own business adventure is on hold unfortunately at the moment.