Little Arthur abused child

There is a film called “The Boy In Striped Pyjamas” . It is very sad, about a German officers son making friends with a Jewish boy in the nearby concentration camp. I wont tell you the end in case you want to watch it!
It always makes me cry, & from the reports I have heard this little boy got no better treatment from his father & step mother than those poor Jewish children did from the camp.
I know that punishment shouldn’t be about revenge, but I can’t help hoping that the father and step mother suffer tremendously for the rest of their lives! :rage:

4 Likes

She got min 29 year life imprisonment, he got 21 years for manslaughter

2 Likes

Why am I not surprised that they were not more harshly punished.

I have always believe in ‘a life for a life’.

In this case, yes, keep them in prison for the stated periods, but then hang them.
Give them something to look forward to.

2 Likes

Thanks for that I missed the news!

Perhaps they should both be physically prevented from ever having any more children too… just in case any parole board think they have mended their ways & release them early! :fearful:

Keeping them in prison will cost at least £2.5 million pounds. Just think how many good foster parents that would pay to look after other maltreated children like poor Arthur, if we sentenced them to a death penalty! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Perhaps members of the parole board will employ them as child minders.

2 Likes

I hope they put salt on all her food all the time .

4 Likes

I hope all of the inmates she shares with will constantly rub salt into all of the wounds they’ll inflict on her daily :ok_hand::+1::point_right::grin::smiling_imp:

1 Like

Those sentences should have at least been doubled. Perhaps when others see sentences are so long that they will never be released, things will change. Until then crimes of this nature and others will continue. That sentiment applies to all the sentences this country’s so-called ‘justice’ system hands out.

May They Rot

But they won’t! The bleeding heart brigade will see to that :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

@Baz46, I’m not sure that a deterrence for people of that mindset is really relevant. There is something clearly missing which may well always have been and always will be.

Instead of us getting angry and upset (understandably) and looking for revenge, I honestly think that it would just be the sensible thing to do to put them out of their, and everyone else’s, misery. Nothing to gloat about, or feel happy about or anything. Just sad that they were allowed to live at all, which at least we can rectify now.

5 Likes

Yes Dextrous, I hear what you are saying and also agree with getting rid of them as you suggest. However, how many times is this seen to be a birth parent plus female / male ‘friend’ which leads me to believe there must have been a point at which, had there been recognition by one of those adults, of some form of really harsh punishment, that child’s life and many others too, might have been spared. I don’t know for certain as I am neither a psychologist or a psychiatrist but I don’t believe any human being is born a killer, somewhere along the line something caused this and at that time knowing a severe punishment for anything like this might just have prevented it going this far.

Look at how many times this is happening, it was thought that another case, that of Jasmine Beckford, would be the end of all this. The usual “lessons will be learned” were bandied about and what do we see, yet more of this accompanied by the usual similar wording “Once again catastrophic failures on the part of social services”.

Just have a read through the examples shown on the link below, which are from an item on social care careers, this states that “On average about 80 children die of abuse or neglect in England and Wales every year, and there have been more than 70 inquiries since the Children Act 1948.” What appalling figures these are and yet still it continues.

1 Like

That makes somewhat worrying reading @Baz46 .

The fact that the assailants lie suggests that they know that they are doing something wrong, but the fact that they repeatedly do bad things suggests they’ve got several screws loose.

It’s how much the latter characteristic of being nastily bonkers weighs in comparison with the former understanding that they’re doing wrong, that determines whether a deterrent would be effective.

I’m still of the mind that they are sick animals who should be put down.

Failings of the authorities involved, who are supposed to be professionals, is of significant concern.

I agree with you! I have been thinking about Arthur all day & shed quite a few tears. What is the point of wasting at least £50,000 a year keeping animals like that in prison when that money could be used to support the children , that are being mentally & physically abused, before they are killed.
The more we accept this evil behavior & punish it with prison sentences , the less chance we have of stopping it… because they don’t believe they will get caught & think they are such good liars that nobody will be able to prove it! Isn’t that why young Arthur is no longer with us? :cry:

4 Likes

I don’t see why she didn’t get a full life sentence, like Wayne Couzens

I’ve never understood why killing their own children or stepchildren gets more lenient treatment than killing someone else’s children or an adult

The father is getting off the hook too lightly in my opinion. She’s a psychopath, but what is he?

They should sterilise the pair of them and then in prison until the day they die

Its about time when the first signs appear, the ‘person’ in question is put under very close scrutiny AND properly analysed.
I can remember way back when Ch4 ran its series where it gained transcripts of a disturbing nature. One such was about that disturbing figure, Jimmy Saville in the BBC’s " in the psychiatrist’s chair" with psychiatrist Anthony Clare doing the probing. That programme revealed a lot which somebody should have picked up on, but nobody did.
Read for your self HERE and see what I mean.

1 Like

That is chilling Longdriver.

Chilling it most certainly is and the clues were there, but nobody took any action whatsoever, and that I find incompressible.

1 Like

That’s what made it even more chilling. These cases have been prevalent since 1944/45, with the same recommendations every time, and still the same mistakes are made.

1 Like

After reading the full report of the trial I agree with Dex
These murderers do not deserve to live.

2 Likes