Listen to the earth

Aurora Borealis also produces sounds.

3 Likes

It even has a name, Harbal, Susurration

1 Like

deleted - duplicate

That is amazing - thank you.

1 Like

Don’t you mean it produces a radio signal which can be converted into sound by electronic equipment? What you actually hear is -I would think- something similar to the interference you sometimes get on a radio. Just a disorderly electro-magnetic signal being converted into noise. But then I find it difficult to think of such things as romantically as some do. :disappointed:

Earth Wind and Fire used to make music back in the days
but the rubbish about the Earth making music is just that
rubbish
The only music I hear when trying to sit crossed legs is the passing of the winds

You have to be on the weed, wear beads and put flowers in your hair to get the full ambience, living in California helps

Not in your frequency range.

1 Like

Even so, Tabby, I stll prefer to call it “the swish of a female skirt, moving seductively over her body”. It has a quality that Susurration doesn’t quite acheive. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Then as far as we humans are concerned, there is no sound. :102:

harbal we have to keep entertained 
tvless
 :roll_eyes:

No, you simply use a radio receiver. Our ears work at between 20 & 20,000 hertz. The biggest difference between sound, radio waves & light, are their frequency. They are all part of the same continuation. It is why animals often hear things we do not & why with the right receiver, bats can be heard.

As for what is commonly known as interference. It is a mixture of natural & man made white noise.

That is no excuse for not calling a spade a spade, Dianne. :icon_wink:

Yes, for humans. But that that is for a limited spectrum.

So you are saying that sounds cease to exist as we get older? As human hearing naturally covers a narrower spectrum as we get older.

You have also answered the old Eastern question of does the tree make a noise as it falls if no one is there to hear it.

1 Like

It was a big mistake to bring that up. Besoeker and I have already crossed swords on that particular issue. :zipper_mouth_face:

If we could listen to the Earth. I mean really listen to the Earth. I’m pretty sure it would be saying “GET OFF ME!”

5 Likes

Check it on an Oscilloscope.
Or in an uninhabited wood.

1 Like

I’m not sure where my oscilloscope is, Besoeker, I’ll have a look for it when I have time.

Oh such cheerfulness, Vlad!