Lionel Blair

I used to watch him on Give Us A Clue.

He was very over-the-top and flamboyant but think that was his personality better than being miserable and grouchy. Think its entertainers of that generation.

I recall an interview or something where someone asked him about “being the butt of jokes” from the BBC programme Radio 4’s I’m Sorry I Haven’t A Clue think he said something like it was water off a ducks back but that he minded more for his wife and family saying the jokes were at times plainly mean

Do you know what no idea why I recall any of that a bit I suppose like the “attack on” Andrew Sachs by Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross with the prank call both events were very nasty and small minded in my opinion I never listen to Radio 4 but turn of Brand and Ross and anything to do with them.

3 Likes

I remember that whole things with Brand & Ross against Andrew Sachs…it was awful for him and his family. People forget that what is funny to them may not be to anyone else!

2 Likes

I liked Lionel. I remember one of his dancers made a mistake in a show and he laughed it off. I was going to add another sick joke by another so called comedian but I don’t want to put the thread off course. I forget the correct term :blush:

1 Like

I can remember when Joe Loss introduced Lionel’s new dance, The Kick during '65 at The Cafe de Paris … I’ll see if I can find anything about it.
EDIT:-
Here we are … 29th Sept 1965 :+1:
Big Bandleader Joe Loss introduces Lionel Blair’s new dance 'The… News Photo - Getty Images