Lion down on the job

Lion sculptures made of bronze on Durdham Downs, Bristol, in aid of the Born Free Forever (Born Free, Living Free) charity.

Sadly, my camera SD card failed so I may have lost all the photos I took, but luckily my Lovely Cousin and I managed to take these on her 'phone.

I managed to park our camper van in a most excellent spot, so my disabled Outlaws had a perfect viewing position.

I want an observatory!

My Lovely Cousin being attacked.

Homeward bound across Mister Brunel’s Clifton Suspension Bridge, if only the contactless toll payment would work.

All in all, it was a lovely afternoon out. The weather held until we were getting ready to leave. The exhibition was free, and parking was free for five hours.

Sadly, today is the last day, but I believe it’s being taken to Scotland tomorrow.

9 Likes

@Fruitcake , l ope they worn’t plastic fruity ??
We ad real live UN’s where l came from !!:+1::+1:

1 Like

I should have said. They are bronze, including the Landrover.

1 Like

Lovely photos Fruitcake, I wish I had seen them, they are only 30mins away from me. :slightly_smiling_face:

What a fantastic day out Fruity! Such lovely sculptures. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :lion:

I’ll need to find out where in Scotland there are heading to so perhaps I can have a little looksee!

1 Like

I have a feeling it will be Glasgow, but I can’t find the article where I read it now.

1 Like

I’ll have a little look around online…it should be Edinburgh really, as the zoo is there, so it would be more appropriate in my view. But hey, they can put lions wherever they like, I’m not going to argue :joy:

1 Like

It looks like the lions will be moving to Edinburgh next -

“Our Lion pride can currently be found at Sea Walls, Circular Rd, Clifton, Bristol, BS9 1PG (what3words: jabs. goes. tinsel) and will remain in residence until the end of September, before **moving to Edinburgh”

1 Like

Ahhh! Thanks Mags :+1: Lets hope the weather is nice…might be a nice wander round once they get it set up. I’ll ask my daughter if she knows anything

Edit:::: “Heading to Edinburgh at the end of the year”. This means it might be towards Christmas, so I have an idea where they might put them now :thinking:

I lied. It is Edinburgh. It looks like the website has just been updated.

BORN FREE FOREVER EDINBURGH

1 Like

The Meadows! Fabulous…and it’s from October until January!

Texting my daughter now! :+1:

1 Like

Was the card a SanDisk card if so info on it may be recoverable

1 Like

Thanks.
I looked at several programmes online but without a recommendation I didn’t want to risk trying myself and make things worse.

I’m not sure precisely what type it is as I have passed it to my local computer shop to run it through their professional recovery software. I’ve used them for other stuff, and they were recommended to me by a friend who used to work for GCHQ, so I know they will do the best they can.

Only asked as I have a SanDisk recovery disk which retreives data from SD and CF cards

1 Like