Like Button, I like it, hope you do too?

I can see the connection. :grinning:
My late OH used to work for McClaren so all I know are their old drivers & Bruce was a lovely man.

I love the :heart: button. I think it works well on here. I’m one of those ‘like and comment’ people on FB. Especially on the group pages, you know, where it’s dedicated to something particular, in my case sewing or machine embroidery. If someone posts a pic of something they’ve made, I like to comment, not just like. I just think it’s kinder.

On here though, I think it’s perfectly OK to simply :heart: someone’s post, to show you support their view on the topic in hand, without feeling the need to reply to their post as well.

5 Likes

Absolutely Sheba. Or just to let a poster know you’ve read their comment.

3 Likes

I don’t like the like button :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
On another forum I belong to it’s to often used as a weapon! Ouch .

3 Likes

I like it. I’ve often thought I would like to see a like button.

1 Like

I like the like button. I didn’t think I would. As @Ripple mentions, I thought it could be used as a weapon for people ganging up on other people. I suppose it could happen, but I haven’t seen it happen here.

On the positive side, I’ve been encouraged when people have liked my posts. It lets me know that someone read something I wrote and may have even liked it.

Posting on a forum without likes has a colder feel, especially when most people on that forum (not this one) only posts to disagree and not to agree.

Even if the like button was abused, I think the positives outweigh the negatives.

2 Likes

I have a “friend” (on the social media site that we don’t talk about) who “Likes” everything anybody puts up. If it weren’t for the fact that he has a worse back than me and a new hip I’d go round and sort him out. The Stay at Home order and its $1000 fine has put me off too.

I think the like button is fine, what would be awful would be a thumbs down button, can see how that could be used to promote ill feelings.

1 Like

I don’t go to that social media site (if I’m guessing the right one). I’m not sure how it works. What I’ve heard about it is that people liking something shows up in your feed, I might not like that either. Or at least I’d block that person from my feed. Fortunately, that’s not how it works on this forum.

I suggested to Azz a while ago (in jest) that he should include a dislike button. This would enable all out war to take place. Obviously he didnt act upon the idea. Quite right too.

On the whole, I don’t think members on here tend to use the like button in any particular way to imply a pointed undercurrent, if you get my meaning.

My guess is that pressing it is more generally an acknowledgement of reading it, a yep fair enough comment, or a thanks.

If anyone is trying to use it to have a dig at me, for example, then sorry…you’ve gone right over my head and I’ve totally missed it.

I totally agree, if you don’t like the comment or statement, no need to show discord over it.

2 Likes