Like a cricket score

We now know England will meet Sweden in the semi’s, after they won against Belgium. Come on, you England team, This match should be the girl’s ticket to the finals. France plays tonight, and I think, all things being equal. We can look forward to a France - Germany Semi-final.

1 Like

Another cracking score from the Lionesses - 4-0 against Sweden.

Not much in the way of highlights as yet, but here are the goals…

I didn’t see the first half of the match, but I did see the first goal, followed by 3 more! :grinning:
They played really well and made a good team like Sweden look like the underdogs.
Well done ladies, another performance like that & the English will be celebrating !

1 Like

Apart from the first 20 minutes, which was a bit on the dodgy side. The Lionesses were excellent. Considering the pedigree of the Swedish Team and past achievements, the English Women made them look almost pedestrian. I don’t think for one minute they will get that much space from the German Women, If it’s them they play in the final. (wouldn’t bet against that) But we shall see tonight.

Talking of Cricket Scores, the news this evening reported that the Australian T20 Women’s Team has arrived in Birmingham for the Commonwealth Games.

Some proper highlights of the match - that cheeky back-kick third goal will be destined to be repeated forever more.

Fair play to England goalie Mary Eapes - not many balls get past her.

Showing the men’s football team how it should be done. :slight_smile:

They certainly did !
It was a great game to watch and they all looked fit as a fiddle. I have even sent them an e mail to applaud how well they played. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

England versus Germany in the final. Should be a good game.

1 Like

Shades of 1966 some pundits will no doubt say. :slight_smile:

Let’s hope not. VAR will hopefully prevent that.

1 Like

There was someone on the TV this morning objecting to the ‘Lionesses’ description saying it was sexist.

It’s show(down) time… :wink:

Well done England on clinching the trophy. I have really enjoyed the competition. The only disappointing aspect for me is the prima donna antics of the men’s game creeping into the women’s game.

Lets hope the lionesses lady coach will teach them that the men’s antics were what lost the support of many fans and is now making ladies football more popular.
I think our ladies worked hard to win the game, so I don’t begrudge them they joy they exhibited.
The German ladies were expected to win ( I hasten to add not by me) & I understand they were disappointed, but they seemed to lose their ability to fight back after the 2nd England goal was scored. Perhaps their coach should remind them that there is a loser in every match!

2 Likes

Unless it’s a draw of course, then none of the teams are winners, or losers.

In a match like last night, I think it would have gone to penalties because they can’t cut the trophy in half! :rofl:

If it had gone to penalties, I suspect the Germans would have won.

Thank you Twink. I do know this, I really was referring to football league games.

I rarely watch football league matches! I am really a rugby union fan but watched the England ladies to see how good they were.
I was very impressed so watched them right through to the final !