Like a cricket score

Say what you like about women’s football, they play it better than the men, and they’re not falling down every five minutes. They also play as a team, actually passing the ball to each other instead of going it themselves.

Today, the Lionesses won the England V Norway in the European Women’s Championship match by eight goals to nil in a well fought and disciplined match and move to the quarter finals.

Here are the highlights:

My point of view too if I have to watch soccer I’d rather watch the female leagues, it is a game much better suited to women players

Sorry Judd, but I loathe football, whether it be men’s, women’s, or those who are not sure which gender they are. :wink: Can’t even bear the sound of the crowds, or the commentators getting excited, or the hours of discussions after a match they have all just seen.

You may gather from that, that I really do not like football. :grinning:

3 Likes

Hi

I don’t do men’s’football, overpaid prats.

Women’s football is much better, skillful, play as a team and don’t fall over playing dead at every little touch.

An example to all the overpaid prats out there.

2 Likes

Well it was a great game of football, not least for the scoreline. But the ladies were so professional and all played as a team. Must admit, I am a big fan of the men’s game, but recently have become a fan of the women’s game too.

Yes, the women’s game has improved in leaps and bounds in the last couple of years.

I am far from being a football fan, but that said, I do go along and shout my support for my local amateur woman’s team. They are completely fearless and they continue to amaze me with their team-ship abilities :+1: Anyone injured and a bucket of freezing water soon gets them up and playing again :grin:

I really cannot imagine why any woman would want to play football, rugby, or - horror of horrors - boxing. It is so unfeminine.

1 Like

Well, not rugby or boxing, but there’s nowt wrong with women playing football.
After all, the poncy men who play football, prancing about like a ballerina and falling down pretending to be hurt, are more like women than women are.

Another victory for the England women’s football team. They came from 1 to 0 behind to win with a score of 2 to one. A good game too. Well done ladies.

Here are the highlights… Highlights: England into semis after extra-time win over Spain | BBC Sport - YouTube

1 Like

I don’t really like football but I have to agree that , after watching some of the England / Spain match last night , it reminded me of the old days when male footballers were a team of sportsmen, rather than a bunch of overpaid drama queens!

I may even watch the girls play their next match ! :+1:

1 Like

Exactly. No melodramatics, no diving to force free kicks or penalties, and no punch-ups, just football as it should be played.

The excitement of their victory made me feel the same as I did, when I saw the men behave as they did… but that was a number of years ago.
I still watch men’s rugby, but those girls have encouraged me to watch their football again and I hope they can go all the way!

It was a great game last night , there was times when I didnt think England was getting any where cause Spain had control of the ball most of the time .
Spain did alot of fowling when England did push forward ,pleased to see one get a yellow card . Fowling is a cheats way ,Hope England gets through to the final .

1 Like

Soccer has Sam Kerr

Watched the Germany - Austria game. The German girls were a class above. If England does reach the final and come up against the Germans, who I wouldn’t bet against reaching the final. The England Girls will have their work cut out for them.

It was a more physical game.

That aside. (And I do not disagree with you) The Germans skill set and pass accuracy was a class above the Austrians.

I thought it was a much faster pace game , from both sides ,Straight away I could see England needs to up their pace .

1 Like

The Austrians were no pushover. They hit the woodwork several times.

1 Like