Lidl Vegetable Boxes

Hi

Lidl do boxes of end of storage fruit and vegetables.

This mornings box contained a honeydew melon. two aubergines, 3 pears, 3 bananas,5 sweet peppers, 4 easy peel small oranges, new potatoes, a cucumber and a romaine heart.

All for the princely sum of £1.50p

1 Like

Oooh @swimfeeders do they deliver or do you go and collect it at the shop?

Never seen those in Lidl here, Swimmy, sounds like a real bargain. Do you have be there at a certain time of day?

That does sound good, Swimmy. I’ve never noticed them in my local store but, as ST suggests, it may be at a certain time of day?

Hi

I am not allowed to drive for 4 weeks after a heart attack, so out with my helper today.

They certainly do them at both Lidl’s here in Shrewsbury.

At my local one you have to get there early morning for them.

The huge Lidl we went to today had a lot of them at 11 this morning.

1 Like

That is a good buy, especially for families!
I would think they are close to the use by dates so many people who live alone would struggle to eat them in time, but families could soon use them & it would help feed the children who’s parents can’t afford to feed them.

If you’re fortunate enough to live near a Lidl where their fruit & veg is of a reasonable quality then fair enough, but sadly the quality varies hugely from store to store with many Lidl’s earning a reputation for poor quality fresh fruit and veg.
Mine is one of those, and I actively avoid their F&V after too many bad experiences such as potatoes always so bruised as to be inedible; fruit that rots within a day or doesn’t ripen; carrots that quickly turn rubbery; soft onions; etc. etc. etc.

It’s not IME been something I have experienced at any other supermarket, but if you’re lucky enough to have a decent Lidl nearby these would be a great option for many.

It does sound like a bargain @swimfeeders providing everything is useable and more importantly, edible!

1 Like

Hi

Well the honeydew is fine, just had some, the rest of the fruit is in the fridge.

The potatoes have been sliced, along with the aubergines and peppers.

They are now roasting with a few veg and herbs from my garden.

It will the basis for 3 main meals.

If there is too much - the surplus could be blanched and frozen! :grinning: :grinning:
Will certainly investigate at our Lidl.