Lidl told to destroy gold chocolate bunnies after it loses copyright case with Lindt

• Don’t mess with golden bunnies! :018: Lidl could melt them into…into…well, anything else but a bunny, I suppose.

Lidl bunnies have been on sale for years , I wonder why now the court case.

They are delicious.

Lidl also make a lookalike Guylian chocolate seashells.

2 Likes

:rabbit:

Oh no … not the bunnies … :scream:

2 Likes

Lindt have been in legal dispute with Lidl for about 4 years to try to stop them selling chocolate bunnies - and with other companies who try to sell them.

This latest ruling by the Swiss Courts only relates to Lidl selling them in Switzerland - they will still be sold in other Lidl supermarkets in other countries, including UK.

3 Likes

Thanks Boot

If they made anything else but bunnies, it would be fine…make cats? Why not? Nobody else does that, and they could even put the little ribbon collars on for cuteness :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

How about chocolate Liz Trusses holding chocolate teapots? Biting that head off would make it an enjoyable and attractive experience.

5 Likes

If they want to send their chocolate bunnies to me, I will happily dispose of them (eventually).

6 Likes

I can see the Lindt companys point of view,but to destroy them is a little over the top.
Give them to the childrens hospitals/childrens homes and even care homes,anything but destroy them.

3 Likes

Yes that would be a lovely idea BV, but there’s no money in that is there? Better (in their mind) to melt it down after trying to copy the idea in the first place, and make something else to sell. :roll_eyes:

Yes,like you say PixieKnuckes,but is the chocolate then sub-standard ?.
I think it would be,imho.

1 Like

Of course, that’s right, BV…melted and reformed chocolate doesn’t sound particularly great does it? They would get more positivity by donating it (especially in this cost of living crisis!)

1 Like

I don’t think melting chocolate and re-moulding it would damage the flavour.

When I make my Easter eggs, I melt bars of chocolate and pour it into the egg moulds. If you melt it properly, it doesn’t damage the flavour or texture of the chocolate.

1 Like

You don’t try and sell them as new though :joy: I wouldn’t buy chocolate if it had been melted and reformed, eww!

1 Like

Only eat cadburys - and that’s not as good as it was .

I have noticed that too with Cadbury’s…the sweetness is sickly. Probably artificial.

Hmm…one melted bunny, three chocolate advent calendars! :christmas_tree: :snowflake: :snowman_with_snow:

1 Like

Three? Thats ambitious!

Just change the name, call them a Bilby or a Short Tailed Squirrel

1 Like

Three very titchy budget advent calendars perhaps :mag:
Nah… perhaps not Pixie, I’d never make it as a confectioner.

1 Like