Levelling up ... southern roads

I’m sure this government is not out of touch…

1 Like

Transport secretary Mark Harper has bragged about redeploying cash earmarked for the Network North project to fix roads in London.

That’ll split opinion in England … :roll_eyes:

This is so unbelievable that you couldn’t make it up, but you know what?
I’m not even surprised anymore. The government is lower than a snakes belly.

5 Likes

Levelling Up … hahhah

To be fair they are levelling up.
They’re levelling up the pot holes on the streets of Westminister :weary::weary::weary:

If there is any truth in the above story, Westminster is not effected. There are no potholes there.

1 Like

What a surprise, I should have expected that, they wouldn’t want to damage the Bentleys suspension would they.

Thinking about this … potholes are not a problem in inner London, that’s a big area, 14 boroughs, millions of people. But further out there may be boroughs in need of cash for potholes.

Yes, the rest of the UK.

Sometimes,when a council/shire is going through hard times, they dig up the bitumen and run a grader over the new dirt road, much cheaper to maintain.

I don’t know the situation in the UK but, speaking generally, local roads are maintained by the council, the State maintains highways and the Federal government major arterial roads.

The potholes are pretty grim in West Sussex. Some blame the country council and some blame the clay soil.
A combination of both I’d imagine.

haha yes, quite.

But when they say London they must mean Greater London, because Inner London roads are just fine. They show a pic of taxis going over Westminster bridge, a bit misleading, they should show a pic of the North Circular.

Hi

An election is coming, money buys votes, until of course those promises are then broken, as is always the case.

I suppose that the damage to the road network as nothing to do with our elected politicians and [their advisors] sanctioning the introduction of new road haulage weight limits [from 8 tonnes per axle to 10 tonnes per axle and an increase to 6 axles on a lorry?] with no increase in tax for hauliers or a revamp of the road construction to reflect these changes.

1 Like