Letter from overseas

Forget to say I had an unusual letter from the USA last week. It seems some distant relative was tracing the family tree.Apparently they got as far as our side of the family in the UK and wanted to see if I could add anything to it.
The letter actually listed what they had discovered so far and reading it mentioned some ancestor or other was at the Battle of the Little Big Horn with General Custer.

WOW I thought to myself then I read a bit more.
It seems these far distant ancestors were camping in the next field and went over to complain about the noise

1 Like

My dear little Grandma didn’t like looking back to her ancestors seems there was one who was transported to Australia something to do with a missing sheep …….

1 Like

Australia is certainly a good place to go to look for a missing sheep, there are a lot.

1 Like

I’ve met a few missing ‘poms’ too wandering about in mountains and on beaches trying to avoid going home - we just nodded and did the secret handshake and that was it!

That is half the of Genealogy - releasing skeletons from cupboards! Two of my paternal Great x 3 Grandmothers spent time in Dorset gaol - one for theft and one for assault!