Leisurely Scribbles (Part 2)

Ok Ok remember this is the “lets keep Jem alive page” - and he was mad abo0ut fillums - I think I flashed the one with that sexy blonde usa actress and wots his name son " I’ll be seeking you in all those old familiar places - that my old heart still embraces all day through???“” that fella douglas -was it michael douglas?? - you know him - never mind - anymore fillums that were really goodies??

I keep watchin over and over and over again "guess who’se coming to dinner with sydney poiter and those two great old actors who were havin off with each other spency tracy and who wos it now - catherine hepburn was it - it was in b/w too and i can watch it over and over again - real life colour see??

and lets not forget " our little sister" my all time favorite japanese film

our little sister

and then don’t forget "leisurely scribbles stickers for our new diaries all about leisurely scribbles|??

https://leisurelyscribbles.com/en-au

Oh yes, our Jem loved his classic fillums, and his music, and of course his wife of many years. He was such a romantic, and a loving family man.
I really enjoyed his stories of himself and the characters from around his neck of the woods.

I think the word ya searchin for is 'irreplaceable" maybe?? - yup I guess we all feel that one!!

1 Like

I think Jem would have enjoyed this one and it does star Liam Neeson from Ireland but maybe the wrong end? It also stars another great british actor who doesn’t get enough accolades imo Kenneth Cranham who I have seen in many productions over the years. the adorable ladies were of course adorable but I cannot recall them that well - but I will say without a doubt that this has gotta be the best film I have seen for many months - a mix of humour and sexual encounters and thuggery ?? and a small but powerful cameo part from the guy who plays the stone deaf hubbie of the pharmicist in Doc Martin. Great stuff - watch it for the fun value only!! I know Jem would have!!

a film for Jem!!

1 Like

Ah yes, I remember that one, including the twist at the end. 'Twas well writ, and well acted.

No disrespect, but after RJ and Jembo disembarked, scribbling don’t seem natural anymore, I guess that is their legacy, and just the way it is, in the passing of time.

I just hope, neither “Pop” back up.

heh - your scribblin was never natural spits!! -= that’s wot we liked about it - all crazies together in the same cage!!

An ode to the intrepid explorer - wife on the left arm!! [the original spitfire - bang bang fizzle fizzle - droop droop??]

He’s got his mobility liscence

he’s chargin his gas for the moon

his sizzlers are ready to fry when he’s ready

and the cow will jumpin over soon?

He’s warned us he may be away for sometime?

Sounds utterly utterly sublime

he didn’t mention no heating

but will he be doin much sleepin

as he watches cow jump over the moon??

If ya come across Jem old fella give him all our regards and ask him to send us some spirits occasionally??

1 Like

One needs a debenture
To go on an adventure
Takes some Sage
To defy the age
Satisfy the conditions
Leave no omissions
The end is in “Site”
An adventurers delight
What’s not to like
Even take the bike

1 Like

Feck spits this is called leisurely scribbles - not mad scratchings across the ceiling?? - now follow these instructions:

1. sit cross legged on the floor - ok we will help you down and up if necessary

2. close eyes - [put the blindfold on him fgs]

3. no breath in through any orifice you wish and let the fumes fill ya body!!

4. don’t worry if ya faint - we have abled bodied men willing and wanting to do mouth to mouth on ya! OK

ps: why is your missus laughing about all of this ?? this is serioous stuff??

1 Like

The “Old” rules are the best rules, ANYONE who disagrees can Feck Off!!

1 Like

??? wot ya been tellin us on the other thread ya not old yet?? ya got to be one or the other or maybe a manic /depressive??

well there I was sittin in me old 2 up and 2 down ; gettaround town thingy when I had to decided wot to do with mesself for the evening - ya know it was one of those mozzie laden sticky hot moments hovering around 36C in the shade so decided to just have a evenin in and watch a movie or two? missus was doin her ironing and whistle her merry tunes but I had to stop her it interfers with the cable connections and antenna qualities?

put on Sirocco again humphrey bogart and friends /black and white Syria with its catecombs and chinese exploding fireworks - god a man can’t get a decent haircut in that film without someone throwin one in at ya! - but Humphie never lets ya down and then of course then there is a stern Lee J Cobb and sultry Marta toren - so nice to NOT see any squishy squashy bedroom scenes don’t ya fink they just get so mushy! and then a new one for me later:

Queen of the Desert with the lovely aussie actress Nicole Kidman who wouldn’t say boo to a goose saying so to several would be suitors so once again no more bedroom scenes - I wonder whether Jem would approve or not? the desert scenes were something to die for and many did!! but a very evocative film I thought that brought you much closer to wot makes the desert captures ones mind and will - interesting freudian exploration!! - happy 4Xdrivin and may your films never run dry!! - must go and feed the dawg he is howling like a twirling dervisher!!

That’s a bit of a “Victorian” attitude!!!

that wasn’t my hat it chewed it was her hat it chewed - bloody dog always chewing hats!

1 Like

I’ve often thought the edict, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it should apply to remakes of old fillums.

Sometimes I watch a film and think, well it was okay, but that’s all it was, then some time later I watch the original, and realise how mediocre the newer versions are.

Even some of the old black and white versions were good, and then you see something shot in Cinemascope or Glorious Technicolour, literally with a cast of thousands instead of CGI, and it makes you think, Wow!

You might even find a half decent film such as The Eagle has landed, and think it’s pretty good. Then you see “Went the day well,” filmed during WW2 using real soldiers, and actors who went on to become internationally famous. Grit, realistic, and totally believable, yet predating the similar plot in the later film by 35 years or so.

Yes it’s a good one.Unexpected violence in a small country town.And a young Thora Hird. :grinning:

1 Like

now her was an interesting film I cam across recently The Bargee - with eric sykes ; harry corbett and benny hill to name a few - funny in parts and a bi -op of life in the 50’s maybe and a slant on young women getting pregnant out of wedlock - simple british comedy that no longer fits the bill??