League tables for GP surgeries as part of £250m package to increase face-to-face appointments

A new package of support for GP surgeries in England will help practices “to see more people face-to-face and more promptly”, the health secretary has told Sky News.
Patients will also be able to rate their practice’s performance via text message.

• :thinking:
1 Like

How to punish those who are not doing their jobs.

Give them more money.

What happens next, anyone!

Police, Nurses, Military, you name it, here we go!

As for rating their performance, would you give a negative review if the Doctor could easily work out who “betrayed him/her”?

1 Like

Exactly…are you going to get people disgruntled because they didn’t get what they want? Its ridiculous, and I hope Scotland doesn’t take the same course of action. :frowning:

1 Like

I had an appointment with my Doctor which is easy to obtain.
He phoned around himself to track down the soonest available Radiologist Clinic, just said come back tomorrow to collect the paperwork.
…He actually came out and gave me the paperwork needed himself…
…Just the previous day I had the appointment with him and as I was getting into my Car he came running out to hand me my book that I had left on his desk.
…Right from Day 1 here in my Village it has been always the same…
OK, they did have a strike many years ago which caused a long long wait for our appointment. They did win the Day though over the government changes…
…Plus side was, we all had a very good meet up with others…Moaned as well of course…
NHS should be a No 1 priority and cannot for the life of me understand any Government not putting all into one of the best Health Care Services in the World.
…Letting it deteriorate to what has become a tragedy…

The problem for most of us, is that we have known an NHS as a good service, but there are too many people to care for now!

The young are mainly healthy, but they are psychologically weaker than the elderly and this has created the many mental health problems we now see.

If our qualified GPs leave the service, there are plenty of Indian doctors who want a good job here …so will work to the rules the officials apply!
Considering the cost that Covid has created , I believe the only choice we have is to put up with a sub standard NHS or accept that it will eventually disappear!
The government make it sound like a fantastic achievement, but how can it be when many patients will be cared for by nurses ( who are not as qualified as doctors) or young foreign doctors who work here , but have no experience of what British GPs have always supplied?

I have known many good Indian doctors, in the past, but they came here to work hard and live a good life. I just wonder if all the new ones will be offered the same benefits as the ones I have known, because my GP surgery has taken 20 Indian doctors over the last 3 years. They find the words we use, to explain our health problems, difficult to understand & it is often difficult to understand what they are saying, owing to their accents!

1 Like

£250,000,000 won’t make a ha’porth of difference … :man_shrugging:

1 Like