Leaf blower didn't

Ever tried starting a small 27cc petroll engine? well due to the storms the other night Me being me thought lets get the leaf blower out and clear up the mess. Would the damn thing start, not having used it for several months. So the old brain box started thinking, oiled up spark plug? wire brushed clean -start -no. wrong petrol and 2 stroke mix wrong? no. Well what about the air filter? never touched it in all the years I have owned the machine. ERM ERM weeeeell :roll_eyes:. so took the cover off and the felt type filter wasn’t, more like cardboard. So a good soaking in petrol and then washed with soapy water- rinsed and dried between paper towels I keep in the workshop. weakend the fuel mix -reconnected spark plug.

Couple of coughs and it started easily.

1 Like

Impressive machine,looks heavy though.We’ve got a smaller battery one.

1 Like

I bought this from Amazon on 19 nov2014 and cost about £92 back then. All I have done is replace the internal plastic pipes to the carb.as the original burnt through. in May 2017. Kit for replacement fuel lines cost £15.48 for 20ft x 4 sizes as it was fitted with two different ones. Not spent a penny on it since

weight about 7 kilograms= 15 lb
its done an ujnb elievable amount of work in the back garden with 4 huge oak trees shedding their stuff

1 Like

I have something similar called a broom and a rake but uses less petrol.

1 Like

But lots of elbow grease.

1 Like

No RS, I have not. My powerful leaf blower is electric and with several external power points all around my plot, the amply long lead allows good blowing to every corner of the plot. What I would like is a method of bagging up the leaves without stooping, but as yet I have not found anything suitable.

I’ve got 2 petrol leaf blowers, a Stihl and a Webb.

had a game of blow football with them in the garden about year ago, great fun but noisy LOL

2 Likes

Just an electric blower here.

Justspent this morning servicing the small petrol engines on the chainsaw- hedgecutter and leaf blower. First was dealing with the air filters, some of which have never been touched same as a couple of spark plugs. Rather pleased with myself as they all start so much easier.

You don’t believe in regular maintenance then? I have always been under the impression that small engines need a service after every 10 or so hours of operation (or once a year if you don’t have a timer on them)

I don’t know how you got to think that Bruce, someone may have misinformed you

It is in the manuals that come with them. Perhaps you didn’t read them?

We have a backpack leaf blower.
It does a good job and we just blow the leaves into the forest. I’m not certain of the motor size.

Actually this is true.
You’d change the spark plug
Clean off spark arrester .
Maybe blow out dirt in motor with an air compressor.
Stuff like that.

They are outrageously noisy. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
We wear ear muffs.