Lawnmower suggestions

I think I have had enough of the Bosch Rotak 370 Li cordless. I only have a small lawn divided into 5 separate areas and I don’t get enough charge out of one battery to complete the areas fortunately I have two but to be honest I don’t think either are holding full share and give that buying a couple or replacements is not cheap I am wondering whether to replace or not?

It does not necessarily need to be cordless as powered is fine.

It is always hard to go past a Victa mower.

I am in the UK @Bruce

Having five seperate areas seems to be a hassle for anyone who has to mow them. I have three, two of which are accessible by the mower itself and one behind the fence (to be seen in the back) for which I have to carry the mower through a small door.
Since I had got fed up with mowing those 3,500 foot² I went for a STIHL iMow RMI 422 Robotic Lawnmower and am very pleased with it.

1 Like

No problem, the borders are open, come and get one.

Argos sell the Challenge 1000w mower for £60.
Buy Challenge 31cm Corded Rotary Lawnmower - 1000W | Lawnmowers | Argos

Are you talking personally here as I am looking for recommendations from people with a personal experince, budget is not really problem but I do think 60 quid is a tad cheap? :smiley::smiley::smiley:

My youngest daughter has a £53 job from B&Q and she is very happy with it … just found the link too.
M3E1032G Corded Rotary Lawnmower | DIY at B&Q

How much would you expect to pay for a universal motor in a plastic box with a cutting blade at the end of the shaft?

Strange question?
You have heard the phrase you get what you pay for?

This is mine:

It’s been a bloody good one too - bought it about three years ago to replace a petrol mower. Nice width of cut and the cut can be height adjusted from about an inch down to an almost skinhead type finish.

A universal motor is a universal motor and if you wish to pay a higher price for the same thing only maybe better looking :man_shrugging:

You could use your analogy with the internal combustion engine but I would rather drive a Rolls Royce than a Micra.
As for looking, why did I not think of that?

Bosch Rotak 34 was my best lawnmower to date. Electric but never a problem and kept my lawns immaculate.

shopping

Have to agree. As an O.A.P. I had no issues as it’s also lightweight and easy to clean after use.

You can’t beat a 4 stroke Briggs and Stratton engine.

Having previously owned a large Daimler for many years, I’d rather drive a smaller car on today’s roads and as for parking, a smaller car is much easier and less likely to be keyed by some unruly oik.

Horrible polluting inefficient noisy heap of out of date crap.

Yeah, great aren’t they?

Me, I’m just a Lawnmower, you can tell me by the way I walk.