Latest portrait King Charles

His best portrait will be on the bank notes.

2 Likes

look forward to seeing it when it is finished…

2 Likes

Can’t do that, it would be a blank white sheet of paper.

1 Like

Great portrait capturing the likeness .
I like the butterfly on the shoulder and the pop of red. Yes, it’s a breath of fresh air.
If I have one criticism ….For me the hands are a weak point.

1 Like

7 Likes

What a good idea, he has all the charisma of a piece of wood, that’s a thumbs up from me :+1:

1 Like

What is so apparent to most of us here, why did no one in the royal circles have a clue there would be so much room for memes, and jokes over the color red (associated with the devil and hell)…
It saddens me their own group didn’t speak up and out.
Is it because Charles is the king? Surely he has advisers…I mean, besides Camilla :laughing:

2 Likes

Maree’s share tickled me pink…or red, perhaps! :icon_lol:

I quite like the painting, but think it is out of keeping with an official portrait.

He should be thrilled with the likeness; it makes him look much, much more robust, rugged, and handsome than he really is.

1 Like

There also Worthless these days
Looks more like an AI. Of Lois Mountbatten
Horns & Spider Fingers. Ideal for “extractus digitus”

1 Like

Oh I dunno, I think it does look like him. If I didn’t know it was his portrait, I’d still say it bore an uncanny likeness. He does the best he can with what nature gave him just like many do who have the rise taken out of their looks.

1 Like

Hi, Mart!

A kind response…and you just described me to a T.

1 Like

I’ve had my times and admirers but was weedy enough to have the mick taken a few times as a kid. Just made me a bit sensitive to it I suppose.

1 Like

Shades of HM QE2. Pronouncements.
#1. “Complain Not Explain Not”.
#2. ‘This mastery of technology may blind us to the more fundamental needs of people. Electronics cannot create comradeship; computers cannot generate compassion; satellites cannot transmit tolerance.’

• ‘Grief is the price we pay for love.’
    AND. Why she has been a Hard Act to Follow
3 Likes

Red is a very overpowering colour - might be interesting to see a black and white version to reveal the drawing.

2 Likes

Just thought! Maybe it’s after Francis Bacon!

2 Likes

That’s a bit ‘rash’ greengage… :grin:

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: doh.

1 Like

Probably because he is as thick as two short planks. The Windsors have as much an eye for art as a carrot.

1 Like

Maybe a couple of fried eggs and beans on toast with it . . . or is that too much colouresterol!

3 Likes

I think its awful. Its the kind of image you scare little kids to bed with

“yes, its time for bed. No arguing now, or the King will come and shout at you!”

5 Likes