Latency when connected to You Tube

Has anyone noticed You Tube being slow to load recently? I used to connect and almost instantly watch/hear what I had connected to, but now the loading time is between 7 and 15 seconds. I was wondering if it was something down to my ISP or a general latency problem with You Tube … any replies welcomed :+1:

1 Like

Loads instantly here. Are you on a PC or mobile device, using App or browser?

I haven’t noticed a difference. I’m on my phone though, which is already slow.

Loads immediately for me.

I get quite a bit of buffering on some sites, even though I have fibre broadband. I’m not sure if it’s been affected by my switch to Digital Voice Telephone.

I’m finding Youtube buffers a lot for me lately. Loads OK though. I thought it might be because I have an adblock as I keep getting a message on the video’s that I am being illegal using it, but have ignored this message & clicked it off. Don’t get the message on all video’s though.

I never get ads on youtube when using chrome browser, only when using the phone app.

1 Like

I too had the messages come up over the last couple of weeks , to turn off my adblock , or pay for Premium , which when I looked up cost in England was £12 a month ,

I decided to soldier on with keeping my adblock on , BUT they BLOCKED me last weekend , and so I had to turn Adbock off on Youtube to carry on watching .

Some Videos have a few adds while other have many , depends on how much I want to watch the vid , so i put up with adds or turn off the vid and watch something else .

and today a message flashed up asking me if I want Premium without Adds ,
I think they are pushing towards payment , by puting more and more adds , .
Money grabbing so an so’s

Guess that’s what they’ll do to me then eventually, Eliza. I could never imagine why my Daughter got so many ads on her laptop & phone while watching video’s on Youtube, now I know why, but it’s taken them some time to catch up with me. :grinning: They are money grabbing buggers.

1 Like

An ordinary PC laptop running W11 and it’s the same with my other two as well.

Ah, now that could be the reason it’s a tad slow loading as I keep my ABP running at all times. I’ll turn it off just once to see if that makes any difference … thanks :+1:

Okay folks, it was my ABP that was causing the latency loading. It’s only taken them around 2yrs to suss that one😉