Large files size pictures

Thanks Bruce, I’m sure it will be useful for those who do need it - but as @Omah mentioned I do have a Chromebook, which has limited capacity as it is designed purely for browsing and using google apps. It crashes often, (because I work it too hard) hence the need for larger external storage. Probably people with a lot of internal storage could make use of this though :+1:

Yes, it actually wasn’t aimed at anyone in particular just Windows users in general, makes backups really simple, set and forget. The first time it runs it can take a while but thereafter merely adds new or changed files.

Batch files are a left over from the days of DOS but they are quicker and more efficient than GUI, I use them all the time for many tasks you can even make Windows Scheduler run them.

Robocopy is a really good copy program with so many options and overcame the 256 character command line limitation which plagued Xcopy

1 Like

Did you work with computers? If not, then you should have :smiley:

All my frequently used files are on local HDD-OneDrive - Cloud - remote HDD-OneDrive, auto-updated.

I used to program VBA for my various employers but usually just Excel data collection and analysis in heavy industry. I started learning Basic with my Commodore 64 and went on to Visual Basic on early Windows machines

Batch files are something I learned in the late 1980s when I ran a DOS based BBS I got very proficient then but am less so now however there have been many more commands added over the years. To be honest I preferred DOS and held out until Windows 95 when even I could see which way the wind was blowing.

I should add:

BBS = Bulletin Board Service - It was an International forum, messaging, gaming and file sharing service before the internet and the Millennium bug killed them off.