Landscape photography tip

deleted…am not included in conversation

If it were mine - I would crop the two bushes in the front as they drag the eye away from the castle. Love the clear reflection!

1 Like

Ok let me tell you and you will be surprised. There is such a thing as depth of field which is the about infront and behind a subject that is in focus.

This photo is not about that it is making the subject *castle" go back into the the photo. Did you notice the small top of the bushes at the bottom of the picture? NO

This gives the effect of photo depth :wink: as i said look and not see. it is little things like this can make such a difference
Try covering up the bushes on the bottom with something on the screen and optically the building appears a little closer as the referrance point has gone

1 Like

That’s what I meant when I said this…perhaps I should have been a little bit clearer :woman_shrugging:

That is what I was meaning when I said I would crop them.

1 Like

I think we should be a little bit more specific when we say these things…!

1 Like

everyone has a different idea, nothing wrong in that. I only put that up to show how something in the foreground can add depth to a photo as a little tip. It may only be an over hanging branch will do the same thing

2 Likes

Oh absolutely agree with you RS…:+1: And your guidance is appreciated :smiley:

1 Like

Of course you could always take a step further and combine all of the above Ii mentioned

balaced on either side, small bush/tree protruding on the left and also add depth giving an impression of maybe a hidden lake. Well worth trying to combine everything. Big error of mine is getting things level

2 Likes

I like this photo - where was it taken?

LOL - that is usually when I make the biggest mess!

it was taken way back i 2015 with my old camcorder which also took stills. we had just moved here the year before. Think it must have been in Sheffield Park five miles east of Haywards Heath, in East Sussex,

2 Likes