Ladies Of Letters

Has anyone been watching this program? It’s very funny & the acting & cast are brilliant. How they did it with straight faces I don’t know. It must have been fun to make.

1 Like

I haven’t seen it Tiff, but will search for it on YouTube, as I don’t have a tv license.

I bet they did a lot of takes then double takes.when filming,:joy:

This is a new version. I didn’t realise that. It was first made in 2009, never saw that one & this new version with a different cast is on ITV.

Gosh, I haven’t seen that for years but I do remember I enjoyed it immensely

Just read your follow up message will have to look out for the new one. I have the book on my ereader

1 Like

Anne Reid and Maureen Lipman? Saw a few episodes when I still had a TV - brilliant. They really complimented each other. It was on the radio as well at one time, and I have seen it on YouTube.

1 Like

Oh - I thought it was a re-run of the originals. Who is in this version then?

1 Like

Yes, I’ve just looked that up about those two, I remember Maureen don’t remember Anne Reid…I think I can watch clips of it on YouTube,…so will check it out later.

1 Like

what’s it all about Tiffany - we’ll probably ;maybe get it out here in 10 yrs time - just finished the first run of Grantchester

Don’t know if it would be your thing, but it’s about two middle aged ladies who meet at a wedding, get drunk together & decide to become pen pals. It’s about their daily lives as they write to each other. It’s wacky, funny & the ladies are always sniping at each other via the post. It’s also very far fetched & tongue in cheek.
And apparently it’s on Youtube too. This is the trailer to the new series.

1 Like

no men in their lives then? don’t mean to sound chauvinistic? - I am watching the Durrells as well atm and that is more my style - oh just watched the trailer - I recognize the talker of course she has been in so much what was that other series last tango in halifax - not sure I like the characters she keeps getting!

Now that clip is of the original - Anne Reid and Maureen Lipman - so I am confused!

1 Like

I seem to remember there were one or two but they come and go, Gumbud.

Sorry to confuse you, ST. I meant it was the last cast that acted in it. Prunella Scales was in the first one.
I thought it was a ‘new’ version as I’d never heard of it before, think it was made in 2009.

1 Like