Kruger National Park, South Africa

Dear OFF members,

I’m inside the Park. It’s like excruciatingly hot here!
30 degrees during the day and 20 degrees at night! It’s super, super hot! But I love it!

I am sharing some pictures that I took on my phone (so don’t judge:-) ) today. I have a Nikon camera but I left it at Skukuza Rest Camp. This was just a quick drive this afternoon and pictures were taken from inside my vehicle.

[ATTACH]15023.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15024.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15025.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15026.vB[/ATTACH]

I will keep this thread open to share pictures and will upload proper pictures if they turn out good :wink:

Apologies, I’m not sure why the pictures are not right side up but I didn’t want to crop them :frowning:

Hi Minx :slight_smile: I hope you had a good journey.

Lovely photographs , I look forward to seeing more…

Well done! Special place.

Lovely photos Minx, a holiday I can only dream about. :smiley:

Thank you for sharing them with us. :slight_smile:

Great stuff Minx, look forward to following your adventure… (envy)…

Fab photos, Minx…glad you are having a great time! :slight_smile:

What a joy of a place that is! I am amazed by the fauna you have seen so far. It gives me such great pleasure to see that there is such like-mindedness in giving these creatures room to roam and flourish.

Have a fabulous time!

love the piccies minxie

European Roller

[ATTACH]15034.vB[/ATTACH]

Hooded Vulture

[ATTACH]15035.vB[/ATTACH]

Saddle-billed stork

[ATTACH]15036.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15037.vB[/ATTACH]

White backed Vulture

[ATTACH]15038.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15039.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15040.vB[/ATTACH]

Thanks Meg. I’ll upload pictures as soon as I get a chance:-)
It’s amazing! Night game drive tonight!

I’ve uploaded a few decent pictures! I hope :frowning:

I’ve been here a few times and it never gets old Surfermom. It’s really different when you see them in their natural element free to roam. It’s incredible. I’ve got a morning walk booked Tuesday morning to see the finer details with the game ranger. It starts at 4am. My first proper night drive tonight at 8pm. Hopefully we will get to see something :slight_smile:

Without a doubt the most beautiful place on the planet!

Lovely pics Minx and enjoy your trip. It’s one of the places I would love to see one day as I heard about it’s wonders long ago from a South African friend. What variety is that amazing blue bird you posted? It looks related to the Jay.

Thanks Annie. It’s incredible! Beautiful place. So peaceful. The blue bird is a European Roller.

Minx it’s kind of how I’d imagine a blue bird of happiness to look. I hope it brings you as much happiness on your travels as your photos are bringing us! :slight_smile:

Keep em coming Minx !!
Kruger must have the most varieties of animals on this planet !!
Maybe not the huge migrationsal herds of grazers and browsers
But definitely the most varieties??
The only place l enjoyed better was a week on a house boat on
Lake Kariba ?
You can keep your Spanish and Caribbean holidays for me !!
SA has got it all !

Donkeyman!