Kitchen Appliances - any recommendations on reliable, trustworthy brands?

My upright freezer in the kitchen has been playing up for some time, and it looks like I am going to have to replace it.

There are so many makes and models and I wondered if anyone has any recommendations on reliable, trustworth makes, and those you wouldn’t touch with a barge pole. :slight_smile:

Any thoughts would be apprreciated please.

1 Like

When we returned from Italy at the end of October 1997, V bought a self-defrosting Bosch fridge/freezer that’s still going strong today. (Having just said that, it might just pack up tomorrow :lol:)

I have a Beko fridge freezer, which was refurbished and cheap because of it. Its been going for 2 years now, no problems. It’s self defrosting.

That’s interesting, because it was Bosch I’ve been looking at today Percy. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Thanks Pixie.
Some of these appliances are so expensive, aren’t they. :frowning:

FWIW we have an American type fridge freezer. One with the cooler and ice timer in the door. I think we have had it for about 10 years. It’s a Samsung. A big beast. No problems.
We also have a Hotpoint fridge freezer as part of the suite of appliances. Again, no problems. Other than one bulb failure.

This is not a recommendation, but an observation. I have a Hotpoint freezer in the workshop that used to be in a previous home. It was bought sometime during 1990 and is still working as efficiently as it did on day one after initial freeze-down.

I did check Hotpoint LD, but I believe they were taken over by Indesit a few years ago.

Yours has certainly done extra well, which makes me wonder if the newer ones will ever do as well.

Thanks Besoeker.
I wouldn’t want a huge American style freezer just for myself though. Good to know Samsung is doing you well though.

What’s the problem with your freezer mups…?

Yes, I can see that. Particularly the size. But we got used to that and find it very useful for the amazing amounts of foods we can stack into it. Maybe we just got lazy.

Bosch are normally good, Bosch or Siemens.

Hello
When we had our new kitchen installed about 8 years ago we bought Prima appliances,Fridge Freezer,washing machine,dryer and electric oven.I only just replaced the oven with the same model and washing machine this year.So they lasted about 8 years.I think Prima is made by several manufacturers Hotpoint,Hoover but I’m not too sure .

From the internet.
‘‘The Prima appliance range has been made by any number of manufacturers over the years including Siltal, Electrolux, Whirlpool, Midea, Haier, Cata and others’’

Ah, Siemens, i never thought of them, thanks dongle. :023:

Thanks Roj, ive never heard of Prima, will look into that. :slight_smile:

My Bosh is over 20 years old too,
I have replaced the light a couple of times .
It was a WHICH best buy when I bought it…

I must say it is looking like a Bosch is best.

I have got a Bosch washing machine and its the best one ive ever had - and the quietest spin, too.

Thanks very much for everyone’s input, much appreciated. :023:

I have a Westinghouse 210 chest freezer which I bought in about 1981 and is still going strong. The only thing wrong with it is that the lid has rust on it which is spreading.

Couldn’t recommend it more highly.

Don’t think I’ve ever heard of that make, Bruce, but that’s quite amazing if it’s done you all these years. Thanks for saying. :slight_smile:

You do have to look these days at how much you can store inside. Even old trusted brands seem to have reduced storage space.