King Charles coronation: Invites sent to 850 community champions

I thought this was cute. Some of the people invited thought it was a hoax.

2 Likes

“King Charles and Camilla, the Queen Consort, have invited 850 people to the 6 May ceremony in recognition of their charitable contributions.
The group includes 450 British Empire Medal recipients and 400 young people from groups chosen by the Royal Family.”

:+1:
They are the sort of folk that The King and Queen should be inviting - the folk who are the true backbone of this country and the future of it.

3 Likes

A Coronation for the nation, would like to see more community invites, but guess the ‘suits’ make diplomatic choices for who has to be invited.

From what I’ve read, there is only to be 2,000 guests in total.
Taking into account there will be a fair few family members attending, I think inviting 850 community champions will be quite a high percentage of the non-family guests.

3 Likes

Dam ! I think mine got lost in the post :laughing:

2 Likes

With Harry and Meghan’s children formally using their prince and princess titles as of March, it may be in the couple’s interest to attend the coronation and keep their royal connections alive for their children’s future.

The only reason they will attend, still no idea; playing the will we, shall we, keep them guessing, game.

Don’t worry about it… just turn up anyway :wink:

1 Like

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/king-charles-s-coronation-hit-by-huge-set-back-as-row-breaks-out/

Three bank holidays in May. Monday May 1, Monday May 8 and Monday May 29. :038: :041: :mini: