King Charles coronation: Invites sent to 850 community champions

I thought this was cute. Some of the people invited thought it was a hoax.

2 Likes

ā€œKing Charles and Camilla, the Queen Consort, have invited 850 people to the 6 May ceremony in recognition of their charitable contributions.
The group includes 450 British Empire Medal recipients and 400 young people from groups chosen by the Royal Family.ā€

:+1:
They are the sort of folk that The King and Queen should be inviting - the folk who are the true backbone of this country and the future of it.

3 Likes

A Coronation for the nation, would like to see more community invites, but guess the ā€˜suitsā€™ make diplomatic choices for who has to be invited.

From what Iā€™ve read, there is only to be 2,000 guests in total.
Taking into account there will be a fair few family members attending, I think inviting 850 community champions will be quite a high percentage of the non-family guests.

3 Likes

Dam ! I think mine got lost in the post :laughing:

2 Likes

With Harry and Meghanā€™s children formally using their prince and princess titles as of March, it may be in the coupleā€™s interest to attend the coronation and keep their royal connections alive for their childrenā€™s future.

The only reason they will attend, still no idea; playing the will we, shall we, keep them guessing, game.

Donā€™t worry about itā€¦ just turn up anyway :wink:

1 Like

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/king-charles-s-coronation-hit-by-huge-set-back-as-row-breaks-out/

Three bank holidays in May. Monday May 1, Monday May 8 and Monday May 29. :038: :041: :mini: