Kids as young as three being encouraged to become YouTubers with vlogging play sets aimed at pre-schoolers

• This is awful… :frowning_face:

Indeed it is … :open_mouth:

I agree with Rev Lynda Rose:

“Such narcissistic self-promotion already creates unhealthy expectations among teenagers. To encourage children as young as three to vlog is deeply concerning.”

1 Like

Absolutley! I did wonder if it was pushy parenting, hoping their kid made it big so they could look after the parents and buy them houses…it isn’t unheard of y’know. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Well, there is, apparently, masses of money to be made out of internet mugs … :moneybag:

1 Like

I’m not sure what it means to be a vlogger. I’ve seen some YT videos of photographers filming themselves with a gopro taking serious pic with a proper camera. I don’t have a problem with that.

For a three year old, I can think of more useless and unsavoury activities.

Anyway, it’s lets play pretend.

1 Like

Being a vlogger is filming yourself doing activities (or just chatting to camera about stuff) and sharing it on social media like Youtube etc. There are many kids making absolute fortunes by just playing with toys on camera.

This little guy has 33.5 million subscribers and is very very rich.

1 Like

When I was that age … children should be seen and not heard

Please don’t bring back those days.

1 Like

So I had toys like a spaceship, a farm tractor, a fire engine. I don’t think my parents were trying to tell me anything.

1 Like

He will grow eating mukbang for a living … earning millions, like Bethany:

1 Like

Ugh, I’ve seen a few of those “muckbang” stuffing your face videos…:face_vomiting:

1 Like