Keith Bennett Moors Murder

Remains have been found on Saddleworth Moor which may be those of Keith Bennett.
I hope so for the sake of his family .

4 Likes

My heart just turned when I read this last night , I’ve often thought about this baby boy as I think of him , and his mummy and his family , and though I’m waffling I pray this is his little body so we can lay him with his mum .

I wait to hear news

How terribly sad and sometimes I hate this world we live in

:heart:

4 Likes

Heartbreaking, I think of my own sons and how something like that happening to them must destroy you

His life stolen from him, poor abused little lad

I hope it is him and it brings some comfort to his family and somehow would feel ‘right’ if his body is found, as if it’s the last thing we can do for him out of respect

5 Likes

The poor little chap to long on the moor … let it be Keith ….bring him home

3 Likes

This was before my “time” but the whole news and story really bothered my Mom and to some extent I think all adults at that time. Every time his story appeared on the TV I recall both my parents stopping and watching. I believe his brothers and family have continued to search when his Mom died my own Mom said “at last reunited” I do hope they get peace today or in the coming days.

2 Likes

Just seen this on the news God it is a cold remote place.

I was six when they came to trial and it all went over my head but I remember clearly mum and dad telling me about never getting in a man’s car ever and adding “even if he’s got a lady with him”

1 Like

It’s a desolate place. I used to travel that route when I went to a paper mill up there and I always think of those terrible events and these wicked barstards…:frowning:

1 Like

Who should have been hung by the neck until they were well and truly dead .

2 Likes

It’s too early to pin too much hope on this latest claim - I think it best to keep an open mind and wait to see if the police find anything in the location in which this unofficial search team have claimed they found evidence of human remains.

The fact that the police have not found anything yet does not augur well but I do hope this will lead to the recovery of the remains of Keith Bennet, for the sake of his Mum, who spent the rest of her life wanting to find her son’s body and lay him to rest with love and dignity, and for the sake of his brother who is still looking. This family deserve some closure, which only the recovery of Keith’s remains can bring.

2 Likes

Do hope this is not a false alarm.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/oct/02/moors-murder-keith-bennett-brother-voices-frustration

Posting on Facebook, Alan Bennett, Keith’s closest surviving family member, wrote: “Instead of doing the rounds of media outlets, maybe that bloke should return to the moor and be a lot more accurate about the facts and location of his find.

“There’s a lot more I would like to say and ask but out of respect and gratitude for the cold case team and the forensic team I’ll keep quiet for now.”

In a follow-up comment, he said he was “confused, to say the very least” at why the dig, near where Brady and Hindley’s four other child victims’ bodies were found, had yielded no results.

He said there appeared to be “more than meets the eye” to Edwards’s claims.

“I am just getting frustrated, annoyed, confused and feeling a lot more emotions because there is more to this than meets the eye and I cannot understand why that bloke appears not to have been exact in his information to the police about the location.

“Surely, he cannot have forgotten exactly where it is after his claims about his years of investigations. Just a few of the hundreds of thoughts running through my mind.”

Keith’s family have suffered decades of futile searches and false alarms, many of which were reported to the press before the police.

1 Like

Cinderella , I can’t see the link for some reason

I am unsure if I’m reading this right are they saying this may be a hoax ?

Can you clarify a little more thankyou

I’ve just googled and read up on this a little more , it’s just confusing and due to bad weather things are unsure as yet .

Hard for Keith’s family they must be struggling

It is hard to believe that even after the death of Brady and Hindley and nearly 60 years after they were committed that this crime still has mysteries.

It has to be said that Russell Edwards sounds like an obsessive nutcase, amateur sleuth indeed!

Hmmmm No human remains found in initial search for Moors Murder victim Keith Bennett (msn.com)

I am so sorry I had hoped his brothers and sisters would have some closure.

1 Like

Oh dear bless his little heart, one day he will be found and reunited with his mum .

2 Likes

One day Keith Bennett will be where he deserves to be.

1 Like

I forget some times what and where I have posted, sincere apologies.

It must be an unbearable strain for both men. One hoping the nightmare was over, the other convinced, beyond any doubt, that he had found human remains. Both need to cut each other some slack.