Keeping cool - Grandma's way!

Take one clean Jam jar
Add a handful of Cotton Wool pads
Pour in a generous dollop of cologne (Grandma used 4711) or cold water.
Keep in 'fridge
When heat becomes unbearable use a pad to wipe over your pulse points.
It does work!!

1 Like

…or you could just turn on the air conditioning. :wink:

Air conditioning isn’t something we use over here Bruce. Besides, who would even use it with the energy prices now! :scream:

Also…Air Con doesn’t make you smell pretty! :smiley:

1 Like

I told you last year.You should empty your freezer and sit in front or in it. :grinning:

2 Likes

Ooh that reminds me to switch it up a couple of numbers!

1 Like

I still pour lavender water into a dish and let it slowly evaporate.

2 Likes

When my son was a little boy, he would ask for a hot water bottle filled with iced water.

1 Like

Oh now thats a good idea! I’m going to dig mine out and give it to John…I’ll need to remove the fluffy covering though or she will attack it! :joy:

1 Like

So John isn’t your husband, ‘she’ is your dog?

1 Like

Yes, John is my little furbaby dog :joy:

Doesn’t she have hang ups about her name? Or hasn’t John ‘gender identified’ yet?

I hope John keeps cool. Poor animals suffer in this heat too with all that fur.

1 Like

Ack no, she doesn’t bother with all that. I do get some funny looks though when I talk about her and folks assume its a man! :joy:

She has Hypothyroidism and it affects her skin, so I can’t even get her groomed or stripped. She is a raggle taggle looking wee thing, its a shame, but she is snoozing in front of the fan just now and she’ll be getting a cool shower later on…which will not be fun at all for either of us!

1 Like

Ahhh but Bruce ,SilverTabby`s idea does not cost us anything.
And to keep the house smelling fresh,essentioal oils are the answer and they keep spiders at bay,and some family members too,win win.

1 Like

I recommend keeping a quartz facial roller in the fridge for such days image

Quite a few of the essenstial oils are harmful to dogs as well, though, so be careful. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the thumbs up Mups,but we don`t have any animals.
I will though let family members know as they do have pets.

1 Like

Fill a 2 litre cola/lemonade bottle with water (leaving a gap at the top for expansion) and pop in the freezer overnight. Next day stand it on a tray (to catch drips as it thaws) in front of a fan - instant air con :wink:

2 Likes

I am doing that as we speak, Sheba - and I’m still melting. image

1 Like