Just for fun, if you could

marry a fictional character from a book or film who would it be and why?

Judge John Deed or Inspector Gently - do you really have to ask why! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

I think Iā€™ve figured out your why!

3 Likes

OOoooh - I need a cold shower now!

2 Likes

I would marry Gollum from LoTR. I think they way he pronounces ā€œmy preciousssssssā€ is adorable, and I would want to hear that all day! :joy:

3 Likes

I sat in the same room as him just 8ft apart ,
He was playing Hobson in Hobsonā€™s Choice,Screenshot 2022-04-03 at 12.01.28

1 Like

Wow - lucky you - Eliza. I can imagine he would be good as Hobson!

1 Like

Fā€™lar from Anne McCaffreyā€™s dragons of Pern books, Iā€™d be Lessa & ride a golden dragon & save the planet Pern from thread.

1 Like

Mr Rochester from ā€˜Jane Eyreā€™ - dark and brooding ā€¦

3 Likes

Jondalar from Jean M. Auelā€˜s, Earthā€™s Children books. Ideal man :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Oh yes! :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™d enjoy a fling with him, but not sure I could spend every day with all that dark broodiness :thinking:

2 Likes

I donā€™t think heā€™ll get you off!

Depends on the crime though!

1 Like

Snow White!

1 Like

When I was a teenager, it would have been Mr Darcy from Pride & Prejudice - but I now think he would not have suited me at all! -
I think maybe someone more easy-going and good-natured, like Mr Bingley, would have suited me better.

2 Likes

Marry?
No, a string of sexy lovers please :cupid: (sorry, Iā€™ll get me coat :relaxed: )

Al Pacino for one, Iā€™m much taller but it doesnā€™t matter when youā€™re lying down! :rofl:

3 Likes

So many potential hubbys, so little timeā€¦. can I have a harem? Iā€™ve narrowed it down a bit

Pa Larkin- Darlin Buds of May -easy going, generous, kind and fun

Del Boy -much like Pa Larkin

Dr Who - what an amazing life Iā€™d have and the things Iā€™d see. And heā€™s kind and generous and principled. Weā€™d have to separate every time he morphs into a woman, though

Mr Rochester- dark, brooding, courteous and luvverly

Bill from Kill Bill -handsome, intelligent, tough, witty, a survivor. Shame about the evil psycho part but a girl canā€™t have everything!

Julien Baptiste- handsome, kind, intelligent, integrity, compassionate and broken
He needs me!

Nelly- from Save Me -trouble on two legs of course, but fun, intelligent, sexy, loyal to his own

Samuel Vimes - from Terry Pratchett Intelligent, tough, fierce, loves his family, diplomatic, has compassion but pragmatic

Alfie Moon from Eastenders- handsome, fun, loving and loyal

Garak- from Deep Space Nine Intelligent, mysterious tough survivor needing love

Look, I made a little gallery!

2 Likes

Well then, a string of sexy lovers it is!

Now donā€™t be saying that I condone pre-marital erā€¦erā€¦ relations.

Iā€™ve already had my run in on that topic.

1 Like

I love your gallery! Clearly, youā€™ve put a lot of thought into answering my question! Thank you for sharing :star_struck:

1 Like

Back in the day, when my sap had just started to rise, I fell in love with a Daily Mirror comic strip character called ā€œJaneā€. I never lost my love of ladies in seamed stockings after that.

2 Likes