Jelly Star Mobile Phone

The Jelly Star is an interesting little smartphone. Good for us oldies, I would have thought!

Phones now are too big, don’t you find?

I’ve just bought my mum one of these and she loves it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QQP1JZ7

The numbers are just about big enough for her to read without her glasses. I got her a sim with unlimited calls as well and she’s in her element, checking up on everyone while (still in) hospital :lol:

She had my sister’s old iPhone but couldn’t get used to it, was fine answering calls but not fussed on making them.

1 Like

iPhone is good for this oldie :wink:

1 Like

Looks good: small payg. But jelly does android.

I am not sure of the value of buttons on a mobile phone because it makes the screen smaller and harder to read.

Surely actually entering a number is something that people rarely do? Phone numbers are stored in a contact list and you don’t even need to remember numbers any more.

Personally I call about half a dozen people regularly and they are in my logged call list so 90% of the time it is just a matter of using that to call people.

I have noticed at my seniors club more members using a mobile phone for everyday calls and not turning it off to use “for emergencies”. It’s practice that makes a mobile phone more usable surely whether it has buttons or not?

re: Azz’s artfone,

Maybe you can use the big numbers for speed dial (?)

I don’t know how the sos button works, but you can alert 5 people using that!

Yes, my mum loves it because of the speed dials - which is what she has on her house phone as well - it makes it very easy for her to call the people she calls the most (i.e on a daily basis :lol:)

The SOS feature is great, it’s a button on the back and when pressed it makes a siren noise for three seconds (which can be turned off if need be) and then it sends a text message (which you can configure) to up to 5 people - after that it starts dialing each person on the SOS list until it gets through to one, or, also automatically answers a call from one of them and puts them on speakerphone in case the person is injured and can’t get to the phone.

1 Like