Javid to Step Down at Next Election

The 9th Tory MP to do so and the most high profile yet.

Here comes the avalanche

Might just as well do. This bunch of self servers have run their course. Although the alternatives are at least equally worrisome.

2 Likes

Time for a change Dave.

1 Like

All walking before they’re pushed. Avoiding the embarrassing situation when they are thrashed in the next election.

1 Like

Yes, and also so they can join another party when the time comes or change their mind if the Tories somehow manage to get back to popularity.

As usual its not about us, its about them.

1 Like

Rats, sinking sips, can’t say I blame them

I’d be chucking myself overboard too if I’d boarded that particular ship :rofl:

1 Like

Too right, Maree

Plenty of time to plan their come backs, any newly formed political party/parties beware!

Wolves in sheep’s clothing.

1 Like

I agree…they will return in another form, marketed by social media campaigns no doubt :roll_eyes:

Shadiq Khan likely to be next leader of the Labour party, then PM. Same route taken by Mr Johnson.

https://boundarycommissionforengland.independent.gov.uk/2023-review/

Moving the goalposts.

Isn’t this just MPs realising that the ship is sinking, that they have a good pension and being powerless in opposition is no fun?

There was a rush to the exit at the last federal election and the same is happening in the NSW government before the coming March election. There are eight coalition MPs who have announced they will not be standing at the next state election including the speaker out of 43. The writing is on the wall.

Sadiq Khan even. :flushed:

As I understand it, the Tory Party has asked its MPs to indicate their preferences for the next election by 5 December 2022, which also marks the closing of the final consultation on the boundary review.

The Tory party is hoping to begin making preparations for parliamentary selections, as well as find solutions for MPs whose constituencies are affected by the review.

Maybe that is why we have been hearing the decisions of so many MPs in this last month - it is no surprise that so many younger politicians are choosing to step down now - the chaos reigning within the Tory Government in recent years has put the likelihood of Tory MPs being re-elected at an all time low - it’s not surprising that many of them are deserting the sinking ship and looking for alternative sources of employment and income.