Jasmine Hartin case

Where’s your sympathy for poor little rich girl. :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

No cop would ever do that ?
You have never met a cop in the Carribean they are like many police a law unto themselves .
She has been charged with manslaughter.
I expect she does want to see her children they are her children after all.
The man was her friend and it’s sounds like her drinking friend maybe he was drunk too . Belize is a centre for drug and drug taking . The reason why this case is news at all there is that she basically is or was Ashcrofts daughter in law .

I have no doubt she will get a token custodial sentence as for the rich being drunk or drugged seems a valid reason to excuse their crimes, the rest off of course would have a far different experience.
As @RightNow stated she seem to show little if any remorse preferring to play the victim which also seems normal behavior for poor little rich folk.

I don’t think she should be judged just because of her connection to the Ashcroft family ( who are not supporting her )
Justice should be blind .

Lost me here.

Well you are prejudging her because she is rich .
I tell you shooting incidents , nearly all drug / drink related are everyday occurrences in Belize .
It probably was an accident if she goes to jail and she will she will able to do some good . Educated prisoners can teach the young first offenders and help them get their exams . You never know ,

I am not prejudging her because she is rich, you seem to think that killing someone when drunk and/or on drugs is a good enough reason to be lenient. It would not ne the case with someone from a poorer background so of course her wealth has a bearing.

I also note you have nothing to say about her lack of remorse or offering condolences to his family which I would have thought should be uppermost in her mind but no she chooses to play the victim.

I had to laugh at your assertion that she will be able to do some good if she goes to jail, of course she should go to jail accident or not. As for doing any good will this be between the times that she is stoned on the drugs which given your previous statements on how easy it is to get drugs she will have ready access to inside?

I haven’t seen the programme so I can’t comment . All I know is that I lived in Belize for two years and in worked as a volunteer there in the prison. Shootings happen all the time .There is no evidence that it was anything but an accident .
Guns go off and people get killed they should not have been handling guns at all while they had been drinking .
If anything the fact that she is looked on as a rich white women will go against her .she will be tried by a local judge ,things will not go easy on her .
She will not get drugs while in prison I can tell you I know that prison . It is run on evangelical lines believing in rehabilitation.
If you want to know what it’s like look up The prison that found God ( Netflix) there is a whole programme about it ,she will be able to do good , they have an entire section for young offenders that is strictly segregated from the rest of the prison population .Here young prisoners study for their exams so they may be better prepared for life on release .
No prisoner will get stoned while in that jail they are on to every trick and especially a high profile white woman ,It is one of the toughest jails in the world .
If you re read my post you will see that I asserted that she will go to jail there is no question of that .

1 Like

So no drugs in prisons in Belize and she will find Jesus hmmm, evidence seems to suggest otherwise?

https://www.google.com/search?q=drugs+in+prison+in+belize&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB964GB964&oq=drugs+in+prison+in+belize&aqs=chrome..69i57.9654j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I can’t read the link
I said she can do good as she is an educated woman I didn’t say she would find Jesus .

Hi muddy reading this post is interesting, to have voluntarily worked in the prison in Belize I guess you were teaching and helping.

Back to topic

Well , she killed a cop didnt she so there has to be a punishment and let’s hope she does do good and learns how privileged she has been .

Yes I helpe teaching English there but also part of the prison the farm part we used for the poor dogs rescued by the humane society . We used the old pig sties as kennels ( at that time the humane society had no premises to put the dogs ) and the trusty prisoners looked after them . Dogs have a terrible life in Belize you can go out and pick up about 20 abused dogs every day from the streets.
The dogs did well in the prison they grew fat and the prisoners were kind to them do it made them easier to adopt out . We used to take up food and medication .No the Belize humane society have their own premises.

1 Like

Opens for me just fine but basically I Googled drugs in Belize prisons and it turns out it is rife, pretty much like any other prison in the world but worse than most.

Well all I can say is what I saw myself .
They do their very best to keep drugs out of the prison .
It’s not easy drug people are always coming up with new ideas for evading detection .
Belize prison is IMO nothing like any other prison in the world .( although I haven’t seen every prison )
Like Belize itself - a fabulous place -it is unique .:slight_smile:

You do not that it is known as the worlds toughest prison where inhumane punishment awaits if you step out of line.
Presently it houses 1,041 prisoners who are forced to live in tiny concrete cells. The prisoners are subjected to strict religious regulations and difficult living conditions.

Thank for the report back … :+1:

Nothing new seems to have emerged from the interview and, as CBS point out on their websire, “Belizean investigators have not publicly released forensics and other documents in the case against Jasmine Hartin and a trial date has not been set.”

I think this is the full transcript:

1 Like

It is a tough prison but it houses tough people .
I have seen the women’s section it is not as bad as some of the cellls shown here .
What is not shown is that there are work shops and training courses that the prisons can take in order that they make a new life when released .It’s not all bad . The prisoners have their work to do they have a farm and produce much of the food they eat .

Who the…?

Updates:

Аftеr ѕоmе dеlау, Јаѕmіnе Наrtіn, ассuѕеd оf thе mаnѕlаughtеr bу nеglіgеnсе dеаth оf Ѕеnіоr Ѕuреrіntеndеnt Неnrу Јеmmоtt lаѕt Мау, hаѕ rесеіvеd hеr dіѕсlоѕurе іn rеlаtіоn tо thаt саѕе.

Тhе nехt ѕtаgе іѕ а рrеlіmіnаrу іnquіrу whісh hаѕ bееn ѕсhеdulеd fоr Маrсh 31. Іf а рrіmа fасіе саѕе іѕ fоund tо bе mаdе оut bу thе Маgіѕtrаtе, thе саѕе wіll bе bоund оvеr fоr trіаl.

Last Thursday, March 31, 2022, Jasmine Hartin and her attorney, Richard “Dickie” Bradley, made another scheduled return to the San Pedro Magistrate’s Court for a preliminary inquiry into the charges that have been brought against her. At the end of that inquiry, Hartin, who was charged with manslaughter by negligence for the shooting death of Senior Superintendent of Police, Henry Jemmott, was informed that she must now present herself to the Belize City Supreme Court at the opening of the next court session on June 13, 2022.

Since early March, Hartin and her attorney have been reviewing over 160 articles of evidence previously submitted by the prosecution. Based on those articles of evidence, which were handed over to Hartin during multiple hearings as part of a process geared at providing her with full disclosure of the evidence that would be brought against her in trial, San Pedro Magistrate Christina Perrera determined that the case was fit to be tried in the Supreme Court.

After the preliminary inquiry, attorney Richard “Dickie” Bradley shared with local media that prosecutor Roman Andrews presented twenty-six statements and twenty-five exhibits to the court which encompassed all available evidence that can be used to build a case against Hartin. The Crown Counsel in the Director of Public Prosecution’s (DPP) Office will now have to determine which of those articles of evidence will make it to the Supreme Court.

Bradley also told reporters that he and his client are willing to consent to a paper committal, which would make it possible for witness statements and other forms of evidence to be presented to the court without witnesses being present. Those statements and pieces of evidence would be inventoried as exhibits. Bradley said that the procedure would not be challenged until a later stage in the judicial process. As a result of the Magistrate’s ruling, Jasmine Hartin must now report to the Supreme Court in Belize City (rather than to the San Pedro Magistrate’s Court) at the start of sessions in June.

The $30,000 Supreme Court bail met by Hartin in June of 2021 thus remains in place, and she is still to report daily to the police station in San Ignacio. Hartin’s attorney also further clarified that the fact that she now reports to the Supreme Court for her hearings, does not necessarily indicate that her trial will begin at the start of Supreme Court sessions in June. He instead stated that her case will be placed in a queue and that, given the current state of affairs in Belize’s judicial system, it may take some time before a presiding judge determines a date for case management and for the trial to proceed.

Ongoing … :neutral_face: