Janes Military Books - non-fiction

Whilst discussing war strategies with my lad over the phone he casually dropped in the books from the above title. I have never ever heard of this before - but these cover military weaponry capabilities from all or mosts countries in the world. They would perhaps be compulsive reading by military personal of all levels but also fascinating from a laypersons viewpoint. Particulary with the current state of this globe and its wars; conflicts and potential conflicts. Want to know what the navy capabilities of a small place like South Korea is then look up Janes book on naval weaponry ; jet capabilities ; tank etc etc its all there!

Always nice to know what type of gun, bomb or missile that is available to blow you to bits. :grinning:

well actually because my family all live in the southern hemisphere amongst the South China sea region and watch the shinnackins that go in with some of the nations I thought it would pay to be more aware of who your friends and foes are and wot sorta catapults they may have? It is bad enough watching the Russian/Ukraine debacle atm and all the very expensive weaponry being used and abused there!

Not disputing that one bit,

Know you enemy is always a good maxim.
Know your enemy and you might also know his weakness.:wink:

‘Janes’ have been around for while - I have a copy of their WW2 aircraft - I think it may have been my dad’s originally.

that would need updating then for current usage?

1 Like

Unless you Aussies are still flying Spitfires - yes!!

I fly mine all the time but I am running out of rubber bands!

1 Like

Knicker elastic works quite well!

god i do love a woman in knicker elastic - just the elastic mind!

Hi

They are the censored version of where we are today.

Very accurate and concise, but old news.

Best not to go there it can be scary.